>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

lorcin 380

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

lorcin 380

Postby relode » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:37 pm

I recently purchased a lorcin 380 for my sister as kind of a cheap introduction to handguns.My question is,have there been any recorded incidents of this firearm firing before a round is completely chambered Reason I ask this is becausse of an incident involving chambering or extracting a round and it went off and through her ceiling.I want to be sure if its an actual malfunction or improper handling,which ist first assumption.For the record no one was injured during this incident.
relode

Postby BrianB » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:27 pm

relode, I am really glad no one got hurt.

With your question, I don't know anything about the gun you are talking about. Going off of what you are saying, and there is not a whole lot of detail, I want to stress that I am answering in how it sounds to me from the details given. I am not trying to be rude, just point out the facts as it seems things stand at this point. If I am wrong then please explain if you would.

It sounds as if you are not sure exactly what happened which leads me to assume it would be the sister that accidentally discharged the weapon, or at least was handling it when it went off. It also sounds as if you are saying that she is new to guns.

Going off those assumptions, I feel that the biggest problem here was a malfunction of basic firearm safety. The gun may or may not have malfunctioned but regardless it should not have been being handled by someone who does not know how to use it and in an environment where someone could have been killed.

If I am correct, I would tell you that she should have been taken to a gun range or other appropriate safe place to learn how to use the gun. She should also definitely have been supervised while handling the gun by someone, preferably a professional, that knows what they are doing. Even if the gun itself had malfunctioned she should not have had it loaded with live rounds, in a house, without supervision.

At a range you always keep the gun pointed down range, because, yes, accidents and malfunctions do happen. You should look into finding a professional to take over showing her the ropes because leaving her in this situation was not a good idea. Or at the very least, leave the gun locked up until someone, whether you or someone else, can be with her to supervise.

Like I said, that it what it looks like to me and I don't mean to offend, but certainly someone did something wrong in this situation which is the root cause of the problem.
BrianB

Postby relode » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 am

Brianna,no sir in no way am I offended and I agree.Her mishandling this firearm could have ended badly.The original plan was for her to go out with me.so that she could Better understand and learn proper handling of this firearm.But she and her boyfriend which is the person who actually was handling the firearm when this incident happened.Who obviously has no common sense of gun safety.Now the firearm is in my safe until I can I can take it to our range and properly identify the problem or if it is just utter stupidity and negligence I lean towards the latter.but until I can I figured I would see if there was any insight of the lorcin380 history of this type of problem.I can understand a misfire but not sure about firearm prematurely going off while racking the slide or extracting ammo that didn't fire.I know they were made in California and are not of high quality. I thank-you for your comments and as I said am in no way offended.sometimes when your looking for answers you also get refreshers of how handling and mishandling can affect everything around.Including our rights to own and carry.thank-you
relode

Postby BrianB » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:48 am

Brianna???

Hahahaha, Are you sure you really were not offended? I really hope that was a typo.
BrianB

Postby relode » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:55 am

Sorry yes that was a typo my apologies.sometimes when I send on my phone it spells for me if I don't Start the letters correctly
relode

Return to Gun Chatter