>
Board Index Miscellany Local Activity

Handgun purchase in VA as PA resident question

Discuss local gatherings, range days, clubs, gun shows, and other social get-togethers

Handgun purchase in VA as PA resident question

Postby cavecliff » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:25 pm

What is required as an out of state resident(PA) to buy a handgun at an VA gun show? What is generally allowed.

Thanks

PS I am new to forum, if this question belongs elsewhere my bad.
cavecliff

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:49 pm

Hello and welcome! Virginia law requires all non residents to undergo the usual background check and that's going to set you back $5.00. Assuming you have nothing on your record, one report I read says that you'll have a ten day waiting period before they release the weapon to an out of state resident. Of course like anywhere, you'll be able to transfer the firearm to your local dealer before pick up.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby cavecliff » Mon May 03, 2010 9:27 am

OK here is what happened. At the show I purchased a long gun. A background check was done, an out of state transfer was filled out and I walked out with the rifle.

I purchased a handgun, paid the vendor, for the gun and shipping, to a shop in PA with a FFL. When the gun was received in PA as an out of state transfer, a background check was run. I paid their out of state transfer fee.
cavecliff

Return to Local Activity