>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

CZ P07 DUTY

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby epwrangler » Sat May 22, 2010 10:31 am

I really like mine as it points well and fits my hand well. It is like a custom fitted pistol for me.Seems many others feel the same who have shot one. Mine is so good I am thiinking about reducing my owned pistols and getting a 40 cal also.
epwrangler

Postby whitehood » Sat May 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Go, I'll go with your assessment. CZ is a quality manufacturer. Bersa is another that is vastly under rated. I really don't have a lot of confidence in what gun writers put out there. There are too many freebies and too much advertising revenue out there for them to be totally truthful. I have a good friend who's father was a writer and got the pleasure of going on a gun magazine hunt along with some writers and gun company reps. ( I was a friend of a friend and a last minute replacement) They have a cozy relationship.
whitehood

Postby GOANRA » Sat May 22, 2010 1:35 pm

I ignored the many reviews ang got my 2 favorite, and most reliable, CC sidearms. Both have been to the range and both are worthy of the highest rating possible ... as CC sidearms.

Neither are heirloom quality nor will they ever see more than 20k rounds over the next 20-30 years.

I got more accurate & usable info on this site, from actual users, and their experiences with the makers, than all of the Internet review sites I had found.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby epwrangler » Sun May 23, 2010 12:30 am

Just for fun I decided to make my own summer special. Leather was $5 bucks from Tandy Leather here. That should make several holsters actually. Snaps were $8 bucks from Michaels. Enough for 10 holsters. Thread and needle was $2 from Harbor Freight. I already had a box cutter and some contact glue, black shoe dye and polish. We will see how I do.
epwrangler

Postby epwrangler » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Here to report that the holster I made ahs been carrying my chl for months now and doin well.
epwrangler

Postby BrianB » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:28 am

That is very cool, I have thought about making a holster myself, just to try it. Did you use any specific patterns or just kind of free style it?
BrianB

Previous

Return to Gun Chatter