>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Need Advice for Home Defense

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby Will_Carry » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Hey wait a minute. The state of New Jersey says that hollow point ammunition is so deadly that they had to be outlawed. A 22LR hollow point is illegal so it must be more deadly than a 44 magnum solid point. They say solid point bullets are safer to the public but YOU GUYS are saying that solid point bullets can go through the bad guy and hit an innocent bystander. You must be wrong!

New Jersey wouldn't pass a law that puts the public in danger. That would be irresponsible, negligent even criminal!

That would make the New Jersey legislature either stupid or anti-second ammendment or both.

Sorry I get carried away when I think of hollow points being outlawed and don't get me started on California. "Ten bullets is OK but eleven bullets? That's just too dangerous!" It's a HANDGUN! It is supposed to be dangerous. It doesn't matter how many bullets a handgun will hold, whether it be 5 or 500.
Will_Carry

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Ok, calm down Will!! Take a pill before you have a siezure! I'll talk to Chris Christie and get that hollowpoint law changed! I'm almost certain he'll talk to Gov. Brown in CA and straighten out that magazine limit too. Do you feel a bit calmer now? Let ol' Tig take care of these things, just like before!! LOL!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Will_Carry » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:23 pm

Sorry guys, I get carried away. For home defense I prefer a handgun. I also prefer hollow point ammo for the reasons stated below. Less over penetration and they dump their energy, where it does the most damage. I like the XD-45 with 13+1 capacity with 230gr JHP. Although in California and New Jersey I could be put in jail for that. Of course I could have a 50 caliber revolver with Grizzly Bear Loads in either state and that would be legal.

The reason I used a handgun is that my 12 gauge Benelli Nova 3.5" magnum is a great anti-aircraft gun but it's sheer size makes it unwieldy inside the confines of my home. I keep it dissassembled in my safe.
Will_Carry

Postby coolram04 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Will,

Don't forget that you have to have a card that says you are allowed to buy ammo in New Jersey. NO CARD, NO AMMO!!! How dumb is that.....
coolram04

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Hey Will, I wasn't finding fault at all! As a matter of fact I'm in complete agreement! There's little common sense being used in our halls of justice and almost nothing intelligent leaving Capitol Hill. As long as people place their faith in groups of people that promise them "change" and guarantee them a better future by violating American citizens Constitutional rights, they'll continue to see those rights vanish! Before I lose my Constitutional rights I'd rather see one of two things happen. We either return this country to it's Constitutional roots or divide it between the ever increasing warring factions. Extreme I know, but the liberals have (are) ruining this Republic...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Will_Carry » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:49 pm

A card? You have to have a card to buy ammo in New Jersey? How's that working? I guess the bad guys have to go without ammo.

Soooooo... I guess with all of these strick gun laws New Jersey must be the safest state in the union. Lets all go to Newark and hang out down town by the river.

I knowed you was joking Tig. ;)
Will_Carry

Postby coolram04 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:53 am

Will,

A friend of mine, who is a cop told me about the card. There are people that he works with that can't buy ammo, because they didn't have this card, which looks like a CCW permit. New Jersey and New York are full of the biggest idiots when it comes to gun laws.
coolram04

Postby Will_Carry » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:03 pm

New Jersey is a good example of what happens when people stop fighting for the freedoms guaranteed by our constitution and bill of rights. Freedoms which thousands of men and women have payed for with their blood, sweat and tears.

When we stop fighting for our freedom we will cease to be free. The second amendment states "The right to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed." yet New Jersey is doing it in total defiance of peoples rights and total disregard of the people who have sacrificed so much for those rights.
Will_Carry

Postby whitehood » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:53 am

It is funny how the left freaks out about firearms. I was watching this pilot cop show, the one with Maria Bello where she's showing her boyfriend's ex wife the safe where she stores her weapons. You'd think that she was storing Ebola in the place. Of course it's set in NYC.
whitehood

Postby robalan » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:44 pm

I lived in Illinois for a few years. They require a card for ammo. I still have it somewhere. It looks like a driver's license.
robalan

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Chatter