>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Ar-15 worth getting?

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Ar-15 worth getting?

Postby jdeangelis99 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:56 pm

Im looking for a Ar-15 but wondering who makes the best one... I see a few names out there. ANd how do you guys like it?
jdeangelis99

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:34 pm

I personally am a fan of the armalite, colt, olympic arms, and wilson combat.

the lower end manufacturers are bushmaster and DPMS
beltbuckle

Postby jdeangelis99 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:54 pm

I shot this gun a few times and really liked it but wasn't sure what manufactuer it was...Thanx alot
jdeangelis99

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:58 am

Hey JD, I own a Bushmaster Dissapator AR 15 .223/5.56, XM15-E2S. It's one of the nicest AR's available if you ask me. It's a real sweetheart! Adjustable stock, full length fore stock, heavy chrome lined barrel, A3 removable carrying handle. I've been doing a lot of after market work on it and it looks sharp. Full length Picatinny rails, holographic sites, mil dot illuminated night scope, green laser, and xenon lights. You can really trick them out. I don't know why you think they're a low end rifle Buckle, mine is anything but that. I'm curious, why did you say that? Have you ever owned one or spent anytime shooting one of their many models? My rifle has been totally reliable, never had a hiccup of any sort. And that was before I did any work on it myself. You tell me about one that has performed as perfectly as this Bushie and I'd recommend you buy a dozen of them before the anti gun league tries to take them all away, again... If I could afford another one I wouldn't hesitate making the purchase. They make a nice rifle IMO. I can also provide as many recommendations as you care to read about their quality. I guess it's just a personal thing. Kind of like hearing someone say your wife is ugly and they didn't realize you were standing right beside them! Especially hurts when she's not that bad!! LOL.......
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby weekendfunandgun » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:31 pm

Nah, I think it would hurt the worst if she actually IS ugly and you just have to suck it up and go home with her anyway.
weekendfunandgun

Postby jdeangelis99 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:58 pm

Thanx Tig I am going to Go look at them again today it might be a month or 2 before I get it but it doesnt hurt to look around..
jdeangelis99

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:09 pm

Whatever you decide on I would consider the adjustable stock versus the standard version. I don't know what you plan to do with yours but if it's for fun and gunning, I'd get a short barrel, allow yourself enough fore stock to install a 12-3-6-9 picatinny rail system for extras that I know you'll want to install later on. I definitely recommend an A3 handle, you want to be able to remove it so you end up with a flat top should you desire it, and you will. The AR is as fun as the Ruger 10/22 to work on with after market items. I've got both and you just won't run out of things you can do!! It's a "Blast"!!!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby bigdawg » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:59 pm

hey jd

yes this rifle is worth getting. just remember the more

crap you put on it, the more there is to go wrong.

i was a small arm repairman in the service so i have

worked on a few over the yrs. with al the extras

you can get for this rifle. the barrel and bolt and

carrier are the most important. everything else

is for looks not function.

if anyone has any ? or disagrees please respond.

i have serviced 4 generations and too many configuraions

to count. we all learn from each other input.
bigdawg

Postby jdeangelis99 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:52 pm

thanx bigdawg would would you suggest getting done to it and not getting it done ot it??
jdeangelis99

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:14 pm

I didnt mean that to bash on bushmaster per say. An AR-15 is an AR-15 is an AR-15. By lower end I meant price wise, I guess I should have specified. They make a fine rifle, but there is better out there, at least out of the box. Allthough for a little coin you can make a bushmaster just as good if not better than the best!
beltbuckle

Next

Return to Gun Chatter