>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

New To Guns: S&W 9mm

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby agonist » Sun May 13, 2007 10:11 am

You be sure to let me know when you're throwing old ammo into the fire so I can get the F@%k out of Dodge!
agonist

Postby MSGAmling » Mon May 14, 2007 12:26 am

Throwing loose blanks into the burning barrel at the range works great to create some ambient noise, and simulate hostile fire, to keep the shooters a little on edge when firing. Junk reloads work pretty good as well. Other than a little brass splatter from time to time, there doesn't seem to be any problem, as long as one isn't standing over the top of the barrel. Never had a problem with anything perforating the steel barrel.
MSGAmling

Postby dirk911 » Mon May 14, 2007 3:04 am

sounds like some intense training. i will take your word for it and leave it to the experienced shooters. I had the unforgettable experience of treating a close buddy of mine for a fragmented piece of 9mm casing to the back of the head. The incident was shear stupidity and nothing else, but i guess when some people get in their mind that they want to shoot a 9mm round off the end of an air gun, theres just no talkin sense into em. Lucky for him, he was treated and released although he should probly had a cat scan to make sure his brain was still intact.
dirk911

Previous

Return to Gun Chatter