>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

EAA Witness 45acp questions

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

EAA Witness 45acp questions

Postby prometheues04 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:56 pm

I was interested in the Llama Max-1 .45apc pistol but then I saw this one. I just returned from OSUT training at Ft. Knox in Dec. Im a 19D. How does this weapon shoot? Where can I find one at? Whats a good price to pay? Where can I find one in NC(cant find one for the life of me), anything I should know about this weapon.
prometheues04

Postby nohub2003 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:30 am

Llama does have a site however, last time i was there, it was under construction. Try..guns.com and see if you can find another link. There is a master-list of dealers for Llama but, you must link-up through a site and list your zip. I have a little experience w/ Mini-Max 10-plus- 1 capacity, and the Mini-Max-Sub-Compact also, that is a 6 plus 1, or 7 plus 1 capacity. The 10 plus 1 is a very fine weapon and reminds me very much of my Sig. If you want something to carry/conceal,...i would suggest the Sub-Compact.. the 7 plus 1...its a very fine weapon for this purpose of carry/conceal. Later...Nohub,
nohub2003

Postby nohub2003 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:28 pm

You might want to c/o ( packing.com), before purchasing that 10-1 Llama. Comments were not very favorable..ie; hard to break-down and clean (blood everywhere..LOL) and most comments said The Gun was TOO Heavy and that replacement and special-parts were very hard to obtain, for this pistol. Hope this helps....Later, Nohub PS: Just go ahead and spend a little extra, and get that SIG!!! LOL...Later
nohub2003

Postby XXOXX » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:09 am

I had bad experiences with EAA. Theyre an import company out of FLA.

I bought an Ishvesk shotgun, Russian, EAA import. I thought the stock was warped. No customer service so I sent it back to the importer.

They noted the stock was offset, typical of shotguns.

Then they buffed out a burr on the barrel, removing the blue.

Sent the gun back for repair of the blue and they painted the barrel black with paint!

I finally returned the gun for a refund, but Im out about $30 in shipping -- on a warranty issue that could have been handled over the phone, if they listed a phone contact for customer service.

EAA sux. My dealer feels the same way and wont carry their imports.
XXOXX

Postby CONT2 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:27 am

The last time I tried to get onto the LLama site, Bersa came up. Not one word about LLama. I know they went out of business in 05 or 06.

I had an x1-b 9mm and couldnt find rubber grips for it. I was told that it was a 1911 clone and that standard 1911 parts wouldnt fit it except for the magazine.

Think hard about getting the LLama and how hard itll be to find parts, if what I was told is true.
CONT2

Postby prometheues04 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:21 pm

Ya im going with the EAA Witness, either .40 or .45 cal
prometheues04

Postby agonist » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:34 pm

I had an EAA Witness .40. Great pistol! Would easily shoot 2 inch groups at 25 yds. The single action pull was great but the reach for the double action pull was too long for my hand. I cant comment on the poly framed pistols, I never shot one. The newer full size steel frames can be converted to fire .45, .40, 10mm, and 9mm. This was an idea primarily devoloped for the European market as many places over there have strict rules on how many guns you can own. The Witness series are among the most popular pistols in European shooting matches. Its a great choice for quality and value.
agonist

Return to Gun Chatter