>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Best caliber for home defense

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby CONT2 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:47 pm

razr, just a little misunderstanding. that's all. It'll never get that far. It happens now and then...
CONT2

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:54 pm

so uh I'm an idiot for not sensing your sarcasim oh well
beltbuckle

Postby razr » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:07 pm

Cont2 or 3 or whatever you'd like to be... I am cool with everything, baba. I am just glad I live in a country that allows me to take my toys out and shoot paper targets all day long... I just thought of reading something by Woody Allen. He said having sex is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you better have a good hand. There's a lot of truth in that. Hey, I'll say F'm if they cant take a joke... ITS GONNA BE A LONG NIGHT!!!!!!!! I better get another beer out of the frig. By the way, who do you have to piss off to become a moderator in this place???Beltbuckle, no hard feelings...
razr

Postby jdeangelis99 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:23 pm

hahah thats priceless!!!!!!!Ill drink to that
jdeangelis99

Postby weekendfunandgun » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:51 pm

Cont2 - simple misunderstanding. the thing is, sarcasm is very hard to pick up in in a typed message. there is no vocal/tonal inflection to denote the sense of humor trying to be conveyed.

maybe i am just so programmed to expect people on this forum to take offense that it was easier to assume you did the same than to try and attempt to gauge whether you were serious or not . . .

and to the other guys - i have a 12ga mossberg set up for home defense with a pistol grip, short barrel, and a flash light mounted on the front. the thing sits in my closet. it may be the best round for home defense, but the wife doesnt like the look of a big ass shotgun sitting by the bed. so all i'm allowed is a pistol on the nightstand. this is where my taurus .410 revolver comes into play. it may not pack the punch of a 12ga, but seriously, if someone takes 4 rounds of .410 shot and 1 round of 45LC to the chest/face region, i seriously doubt they would be able to continue their assault.

12ga might be the best, but that doesnt mean you NEED it.
weekendfunandgun

Postby CONT2 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:05 am

No problem, I'm easy to get along with. True, it's hard to detect humor in written form unless you just come right out and say what you mean. For future reference, When you see my posts riddled with exclamation points and the f bomb is dropping every other word....then You know I'm mad...

until then I'm good...see'ya.
CONT2

Postby CONT2 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:10 am

razr, Activefan is the man in these parts. I'm sure you'll see him hanging around somewhere on the forum...

That little problem has been resolved. Like I said earlier, just a little misunderstanding...
CONT2

Postby razr » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:23 am

I am glad to hear that Cont2. Its all good... I just wanted to add a little humor to all the tension and didnt wanna see you boys fighting over nothing. Somehow my 12ga. "suggestion" got pulled in the middle by yet another moderator and shook my cage a little. If you see Activefan, put a good word in for me, will you? After all you couldnt stop a granade with a flashlight and a mossberge.
razr

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:27 am

Hey, no hard feelings. I wasnt trying to get you rialed up. I made a legit statement, scroll through any of these defense caliber threads. I wasnt aiming my statement towards you, I didnt even look who typed it. was just saying
beltbuckle

Postby weekendfunandgun » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:30 am

They let you have GRENADES in The Peoples Republic of California?? Man, a lot must have changed since Arnold took over!!
weekendfunandgun

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Chatter