>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Clip loading for Springfield XDM

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Clip loading for Springfield XDM

Postby technoid » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:52 pm

I just bought a Springfiled armory 9mm XDM pistol for my wife. It has the 19 round clip. The spring tension in the clip is very tight. As you load each round it gets harder to push in the next. I even have difficulty getting in the last 2 rounds. My wife is having a hard time with it. Is there something that can be used or done to make clip loading the XDM easy?
technoid

Postby JustBen » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:08 pm

The correct terminology is a "magazine". My suggestion is to simply use a loading device. They work great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zos_7e-c4t0
JustBen

Postby technoid » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:23 am

Thank you Justben. After I saw the youtube video I realized that the gun came with one in the box. My wife and I looked at each other and said "are we dumb or what!" Thanks again for showing us the right way.
technoid

Postby JustBen » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:42 am

Technoid:

The only dumb question is the one not asked.

It takes time, practice, and a lot of education to become proficient handling firearms. You and your loved ones safety depends on this.

There are a lot of good folks on this website that can share experiences and give advice, so ask away.

Ben
JustBen

Postby technoid » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Thank you again. I have handled rifles and shot guns all my life. My wife and I decided to own hand guns just this year. We joined the National rifle association to help in the fight to keep our 2nd amendment rights. we are also looking to take a hand gun safety coarse.
technoid

Postby JustBen » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:46 am

It would be a little ride for you folks, but TDI (Tactical Defense Institute) in southern Ohio is one of the best in the country.

You and your wife would have a great 3 day weekend down there taking the initial handgun class and learn more than you could imagine.

www.tdiohio.com
JustBen

Postby smith6906 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:36 pm

easiest way is to load it -2 and store it for a week or so, that will loosen up the tension on the spring. if not you can get a speeeloader for it for around $20 at your local gun shop. but all new guns are stiff. my glock 37 is a 10rnd and i could only put 8 in for the first two weeks. happy shooting! :-D
smith6906

Return to Gun Chatter