>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Ruger mark III

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Ruger mark III

Postby jakeintexas » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:10 am

I have a Ruger Mark III with the 6" tapered barrel. Love the pistol but could do without the fixed sights. I recently saw some pictures of an identical pistol with adjustable open sights but the manufacturer was not given. Any idea who makes the adjustable site and tall front blade for the tapered barrels?
jakeintexas

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:12 am

As far as I know, they don't make the tapered barrel model with anything but fixed sights. Are you referring to adj. rear and front sights or just rear? I own one of the 6" bull barrel models (MIII) and would be hard pressed to find something better.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby jakeintexas » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:24 am

The pistol I saw with the adjustible sights was the 6" tapered barrel. The seller had bought the gun second hand and did not know the history of the sights or the manufacturer. It had an extended front blade sight and looked professional, manufactured not home made. I would really like to put some adjustable sights on mine if I can find them. The pistol is extremely accurate withe the fixed sights out to about 50 yards but I loose sight picture beyond that when I aim high.
jakeintexas

Return to Website Help