>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Banner And Link Questions

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Banner And Link Questions

Postby JohnT » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:58 am

Gentleman first let me introduce myself. I am a FFL/SOT in Naples Florida and have been dealing in NFA firearms for the past 15 years. I created a Class III dealer directory named NFAdealers.com. This is a paid advertising site with over 100 class III dealers. I am wondering if you site has a links area for you to post a link to this site. We are revamping out site and intend on placing a link to your site regardless if you offer reciprocal links. We have a sister site with the URL www.classIIIdealers.com which will also feature your website address. Last two questions: if we desire to post your banner on our website would you be kind enough to mail it. Also I found a knockoff website which basically copied our name, etc called class3dealers.com (arabic 3) with your banner stating that you are a sponsor. Would you be willing to sponsor our site as well?

Thanks,

John T

www.NFAdealers.com

THE Class III Dealer Yellow Pages of the Internet

and my personal website for my busines is:

www.NFAsales.com

Your Best Source For Machineguns and Suppressors
JohnT

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi John,

Has our Webmaster replied to your questions yet? I'll search further if you need additional help.

Do you have a business in Naples? I know the shooters in your area need another range or two. That range out (WAY out) on 41 isn't easily accessible at all. Have you heard if any new ranges are being considered for your area?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby JohnT » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Nothing new in the works that I know of. Zoning here is a BIG problem. I go shoot out at Port Of The Islands range..which is the one you refer to. I would love to have a few guy that want to throw some money at an indoor range. I would be in on that. BTW...I am a certifed NRA instructor with several disiplines as wel as being guilty of selling...oh my gawd...MACHINEGUN!
JohnT

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:11 pm

I enjoyed the range on 951 and was irritated when they gave up the property for Condo's. The prices at the POTI is way too high for what's offered. The costs of driving way out there and then the annual membership plus the $24.00 daily fee adds up to more than most people can afford. Who can afford to keep current with prices like that? I used to shoot at the old Glades Gunworks. That was a nice indoor range but some Neopolitan Liberal A-Hole had to ruin that too. Where do you do your training? Traveling out to the Islands wouldn't be too convenient. Do you ever go out into the "Blocks"? It's so hard to find an easy place to just plink. I'm tired of it!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby JohnT » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:14 pm

The blocks are closed..have been for years. I do range training at Port of the Islands..classroom at an office in N Naples.

Get a few guys together with some cash..we will find a good indoor range...to be!
JohnT

Postby JohnT » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:17 pm

p.s.--no word from webmaster. Nutcase at www.class3dealers.com--a knockoff of our www.NFAdealers.com and www.classIIIdealers.com had the banner posted...and you listed as a sponsor. That piece of work can't tell the truth...

He bragged to me he is "ex-special forces" and that he has a stolen HK G36 machinegun. I verified through some friends in the military...he never was in special forces. Didn't surprise me at all...I don't thnk they would enlist someone of his low caliber.
JohnT

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:37 pm

That's interesting about the blocks! I've been out there a few times in the last couple of years. I had heard that they weren't encouraging shooters out there but I was tired of driving clear out to the Islands. It seems like they target those areas that give us the most joy!

I'm not very familiar with the problem you're referring to with the other dealer notification website. Tell me more, but do it via the private message function if you choose to.

tigwelder56

Postby JohnT » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:16 pm

About carl gillaim....

He was hired by us to make some changes to our website www.nfadealers.com which is a Class III directory. Long story short..we fired him. As revenge...he started a scab site called class3dealers.com. I guess he thinks he is going to hurt us. Our site has been up over 3 years..has done very well His site has a lot of information which he copied and pasted off of our site. Furethermore...he has a lot of bogus information such as a bunch of "class III dealers" listed under alabama. Most of those are pawn shops..which they listed as "class III". I contacted a half dozen of them....they are not class III, never were class III, and didn't post their information. After I pointed this out to several people...gilliam changed the wording on his site referring to his "researchers" and that they may have got some wrong info. That idiot probably can't afford a new pair of underwear let alone "researchers". In fact on or about the 9th of December...gilliam had to leave home to go work on our website because they had shut off his internet because he couldn't afford it. This was just another sign we were dealing with a loser....not to mention his nutcase claims about being ex-special forces and having a stolen G36 machinegun.

gilliam had the banner from this website posted on his website as a "sponsor"....so I inquired as to whether this website would be willing to do a donation and help sponsor our site. I believe now...that I don't find any links, etc...that this was just another BS attempt to make his site look better. We have several emails from dealers...whom he originally showed as signups...that they didn't sign up. He has since changed that. The idiot has to try and keep hiis story straight:)
JohnT

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:02 am

Hi John,

I just sent a request in to our Webmaster explaining this issue and expect him to address this as soon as he has an opportunity to review it. I would've liked to have seen this addressed sooner but it has been a busy holiday season for everyone. Hopefully we'll get it looked into this week. Thanks for your patience.

tigwelder56

Postby JohnT » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:02 am

Thanks!

It is obvious you are located near Naples ...or have spent some time down here.

We have had a very unfortunate set of events...it got freeeezing cold here...and I had to put on long pants:):)

Anyways....I just talked to a guy recently that said there is talk about getting a new range up...but in Immokalee. That in my opinion would be no better than Port of the Islands.

I shoot out there...take students out there...and I like Lou. The only other recourse at this time is Cecil Webb...exit 158 off I-75. $3 a person...or $6 for two or more people in a car. Inexpensive...but a good hour each way from my shop.

An indoor range....would be great. I am led to believe it is VERY expensive to build out right...and that the liability is substantial. If you know anyone considering an indoor facility..mention my name to them.

Happy new years!

JT
JohnT

Return to Website Help