>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

New website name... Vote here

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

New website name... Vote here

Postby Tralik33 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:23 pm

OK, for those of you that don't already know, I'm going to go ahead and create a new website that will build on the principles this website was based on. It will, upon completion, have the same functionality as this website, but will be built on better code and hosted on better servers to eliminate the ongoing difficulties this site is experiencing.

So, the first step is for me to register a domain name. I'd like your help in that. Obviously gundirectory.com is taken, and since AF no longer seems to respond to emails from anyone here, he is not available to acquire the domain from (assuming that he'd be willing to do so in the first place.) So, what I'd like from you is suggestions and ultimately a recommendation on what the new website domain name should be. If you provide suggestions, I will check to see if they are available. I'm adding a list of domain names that I have come up with as well that you can vote on if you'd like. Thanks in advance for the help.

www.gun-dir.com

www.firearmdirectory.com

www.gunreviewsonline.com

www.gunreviewonline.com

www.fadirol.com (short for Firearms Directory Online)

www.reviewsofguns.com

www.dirofguns.com

www.realgunreview.com

www.realgunreviews.com

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?
Tralik33

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:01 am

I personally like "GunReviewOnline.com from the selections you have suggested. If something else comes to mind, I'll post it here.

I would also like to mention that I have sent you two private emails without response. Since I'm the last and only Moderator here, I'd like to be included in some of your discussions. Perhaps it's just the website failing to pass on information... Maybe the PM function isn't working properly, it has been a problem. I've noticed that we're not getting many notifications again. Doesn't make a lot of sense!

I'll be back.........
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Tralik33 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:14 am

Hmm. I think the site is messed up again then because I've been checking my PM's and haven't seen any new ones. Sorry if you thought I was ignoring you, lol. I'll check again now.
Tralik33

Postby Tralik33 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:16 am

Yeah, I just checked and the only PM I have was from Lotsip a few days ago. Aparrently I am not getting PM's for some reason.

If you want, you can just email me at chrish@americanrampcompany.com

Sorry about that Tig, that really sucks. You probably thought I was ignoring you , lol.
Tralik33

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:42 am

That's the norm for this place! Don't worry about it, we're all used to something not working! LOL!!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Tralik33 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:50 am

Hehe, it figures though that the one person I'd want to hear from most is the one who's PM's I dont get. :-)

Honestly, I was kinda expecting some correspondance from you and was wondering why I hadn't heard from you more about all this. Now I know why, lol.
Tralik33

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:23 am

A message is on it's way...

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:44 am

I'm not having a hell of a lot of luck getting ahold of you! The message I just sent to your listed address was returned as undeliverable! I'm going to try again at the ARC address and again through our PM system. Maybe something will go our way! I'm going to bed regardless, lol! I'll find out tomorrow if it went through :-) !

tigwelder56

Postby Tralik33 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:48 am

I got the PM this time :-) Sent you a response at about 8:45am this morning. Thanks for the info!
Tralik33

Postby Tralik33 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:34 am

Well, it looks like my email server at work may be having issues as I've discovered a few other people who tried to send me emails that were bounced back as well. I'll see if my IT guy at work can figure out what's going on tomorrow morning. So, if anyone has sent me anything over the last few days, you might want to send it again. Sorry about that.
Tralik33

Next

Return to Website Help