>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

New Features

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:04 am

I heard he caught a ride with Santa and is riding around smoking a blunt in that big red sleigh...He heard about all the cookies and wanted to get ready. Keep your eye open for a fat guy in red pajamas buying several gallons of milk, lol! The passenger is packin' a Mac 10 bitching about Moderators...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby g4l » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:08 pm

I know I might get shit for this but; should We lay back a bit? Maybe We're overwhelming the new Webmaster, I know the Members have put up with over a years worth of sub-par performance from this place, and now We might be jumping down His throat all at once. Possibly if We let Him work on small changes slowly it might be a better approach? Just a thought.
g4l

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:35 am

LOL, look who's sucking up to get his mod status back!

j/k glocks
beltbuckle

Postby g4l » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:29 pm

lol, definitely not, the days of scanning around for multiple posts to delete, waiting for each page to load are not missed.
g4l

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:45 pm

How hard is it to make a simple reply? If you're not going to make it to work, don't you consider a call into the office appropriate? If not to protect your job, but to let your coworkers know that they're on their own? If you don't show up for work, and call in once every six months to promise you'll make things right, doesn't make things right...

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:34 am

I question the new post rating system we have, I recognise its potential usefulness, but I often wonder who finds my posts useful and even more so who votes against me. This I find slightly annoying but I suppose that is because I know who frequents the site often and is more likely to rate others posts. LOL, now everything I post will be considered useless right!!!

Just for an example; g4l's post has two negative votes and 0 positive for his last post. It makes me wonder if he thought I gave him a negative which in fact I haven't even submitted a response as to whether or not it was helpful.

For all intensive purposes glocks and I were having a friendly laugh at the site's current and seemingly continual state of dismay.
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:38 am

Oh and your right Tig. The admin should at the bare minimum have sent a private message to each of the moderators, his current intentions, future ideas, and any other changes he intends on making to the site with at least an expected date of implementation.

But I guess that is too much to ask...
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:53 am

You hit the nail right on the head Belt! You can go back to the beginning of this thumbs up or down nonsense. I didn't like it for the exact same reason. That kind of rating system is entirely too damn subjective. As you mentioned, you and Glocks were having a conversation, one that we have all have participated in and regardless of the topic, when we have fun, we have fun! I don't care if someone approves of our own thoughts and ideas. The important thing to emphasize is that we don't tolerate conversations that occur at the expense of others. I mean that one of the reasons we have such a good group of members, is because we, for lack of a better phrase, let our hair down and just talk. So many forums seem to operate on the premise that you have to walk around with a stick up your butt and be so politically correct that nobody cares what you have to say. No this, no that, nothing critical, even if it's positive. We've dealt with argumentative people for years. Would people rather we just remove them from the forum when they say what's on their mind? I don't think so. I could piss and moan about this for quite awhile but nobody wants to listen to it. I hope people let the administration know how they feel and demand some changes. I would like to see a requirement established, that we receive some sort of response to any message sent to the Webmaster, within 48 hours. I have to add that I think it's ridiculous to have to request something like that. That should be a given. What the hell do we have to do to get the recognition needed?

I encourage all members to ignore the personal rating system established. Leaving a rating for a firearm, one to five bullets, is fine. We simply can't condone this sort of personal bashing system. Before you know it, people will quit posting their thoughts, because they don't want to be unnecessarily criticized, over something the person leaving the criticism has no knowledge of! That's enough for now. It isn't too much to ask and I'm tired of being put in the position that we end up feeling that way.

tigwelder56

Previous

Return to Website Help