>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

New Features

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

New Features

Postby ActiveFan » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:40 pm

We have added thumbs up/down on every comment review. Please make sure and rate as many comments as you can, this will help users find helpful posts more easily and will allow us to expand the functionality by allowing users to filter out comments that are below a certain threshold.

Profile photos are now also available. Go to your profile and click on Add Photo.
ActiveFan

Postby ActiveFan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:24 am

The profile photo (avatar) should now be working correctly.
ActiveFan

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:56 pm

Still nothing

The page works, but a submitted photo doesnt show.

Oh, and not to be too picky, but how about .gif images?
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:32 pm

It has taken me five hours to log in!! I've tried logging into Gundirectory and Weaponsroom, with the same dismal results. I can open the webpage and look at the posts but the site simply won't let me log in. Why is this a continual problem? It has been going on for years, literally! I really feel sorry for members trying to access the website if they have dial up Internet service. I'm betting we don't have an abundance of dial up members. I mentioned yesterday that I was finally getting notifications again. Well, I spoke too soon I guess because I'm not getting anything again. Is this a guinea pig website? I still can't use the avatar/photo function in our profile, still getting a 500 error. I sent you another private message Jeff, are you getting them?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:59 pm

I was able to reach the submission page for the avatar after hours of trying. I added my avatar and after what seemed like "forever", I got the same 500 error. Now I can't access my profile page without the server timing out. I wouldn't bring it up all the time if it wasn't a real problem for us. This issue is continual and extremely frustrating. I hope this aggravation and the frustrating nature of it isn't thought of as a just a bothersome problem that we're dragging out for attention. I assure the Administration that it's far from the truth. If your records are available for activity that occured over a year ago, you'll find problems that we suffered as a result of a pissed off member. He had good computer skills and he set out to destroy this website and damn near did. Ask any veteran member who "Bill" is and you'll get an ear full. Ever since then we've had ongoing problems with the basic operation of the forum. I encourage any of the old timers to add their two cents about this. Perhaps there is some gremlin left over from that attack on the site.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby agonist » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Ditto.
agonist

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:11 pm

I'd appreciate it if the "new" administration would keep us updated regarding repairs, and changes being made to the website. It would be nice to know what we can expect in the near future. Would you please reply to the membership regarding all of the problems and requests that have been made? We all ask for assistance daily and we're simply not getting any results, no replies, no nothing. If you're on the website trying to make these upgrades and fixes, I think it would be pretty easy to drop us a few lines to let us know what's happening. Thanks.....

tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:58 am

ditto, but your dreaming!!! Come on Tig, you know that we'll be left in the dark as always.

I stand by my remark on another thread in the website help forum...
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:36 am

Probably, but I still expect some answers and it's obvious that we're not going to get any answers or action if we don't keep after it. Maybe he'll actually sit down one day and take care of all these problems! Even a couple of them would be a a show of faith! Besides, it's Christmas time, maybe he'll give us a gift...

tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Where'd our hero get too?
beltbuckle

Next

Return to Website Help