>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

New Webmaster

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

New Webmaster

Postby ActiveFan » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:49 am

The previous individual that ran this site as ActiveFan is unable to maintain this site any longer, and I will be maintaining and improving this site from here out. Please forgive us for the next few weeks as we dive deeper into the code and issues and organize our plans and ideas moving forward.

We invite you to post suggestions into this thread as priority for our efforts.

Thank you to all of you for your prior help and support and patience as we migrate into 2009.

Jeff
ActiveFan

Postby keyman » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:40 pm

The difference is already noticeable. I was having to wait what seemed like hours for items to come up. Now, they pop up much faster. Thank you for your attention to this website. It is much more enjoyable to surf.
keyman

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:52 pm

I think we've talked before Jeff and whatever the reason, I'm glad to see someone involved in the "Head Office" that promises to make some changes. I would like you to contact each of the Moderators and discuss the current status of our staff. There are very few moderators listed on the main page that are even active. We need to remove them from the roster and discuss their replacements. I would like you to correct the status of the Moderator "Glocks4Life". He has been unable to perform his duties because we suffered a system crash and his ability to log in to his moderators account was lost and resulted in his loss. He is currently using a standard account to keep involved and I know as a fact that we have all tried to contact AF for help. We haven't received any type of response from him for so long that he doesn't exist as far as we're concerned. Obviously he forgot that we were working daily to keep up with this forum and I think we did as good a job as we possibly could have considering the fact that we didn't have his help at all. We are all proud that we have continued to keep this forum at the top of the leader board for years, especially since we had no help from the ghost we call a Webmaster.

Please feel free to contact me at any time. I would like the opportunity to explain some of the issues we have been experiencing for so long know that it's hard to remember when it all started. I'd like to speak for all of the staff and members here and thank you for stepping up and taking the reins. I think our former Stage Coach driver must've fallen off the wagon. We look forward to seeing the improvements and participation you have offered. If there is anything that we can do to help your transition into office, please let us know. I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:34 am

Unfortunatly I have my doubts. Prove me worng!

If this is in fact the real deal I have many things to talk to you about.

Mostly involving what your moderators are capable of and what does and does not work with the tools we have at hand currently. This includes adding firearms, moving posts/topics to their correct areas, to even banning people. A suspension order needs to be addressed.

Our capabilities are far too limited and almost a joke. I have ideas on what we need. Many of these come from another site I moderate and the tools available to me there.
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:07 am

And pictures man, pictures!!! We need to be able to post pictures rather than links to them. Obviously us moderators would and will moderate the content of them.

And a quote function. So you can quote a post that may or may not be several posts down with no confusion. Allowing you to respond to a specific post.
beltbuckle

Postby lotsip81 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:34 am

Add a spell check onto this site. That way no one has to make sure it is on their toolbar or anything. If it was right here on the site, it would be more convient for me and I'm sure that there are others as well. It's not a necessity but, think of it as a nice welcome feature, that would make everyones posts easier to read.

I do have to add that I have noticed a very significant difference in how long this site takes to load up a page vs. how long it used to take. Good job on whom ever is starting to take care of things. And Thank You
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby ShootSS » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:32 am

All I can say is Wow!

I've been gone for 2 weeks and I come home and the furniture has all been rearranged. I am grinning from ear to ear as I stub my toes walking around.

Thanks Jeff (the new and improved AF).
ShootSS

Return to Website Help