>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Rossi Youth 223 rifle

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Rossi Youth 223 rifle

Postby loulov » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:49 am

can anyone out there tell me what the rate of twist is for the Rossi Youth 223 ?
loulov

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:36 pm

That's a nice rifle for a young shooter. I like the fact that it allows a new shooter to have the added safety of a single shot. It also allows better odds for the hunted!! Whatever your use, it's a fun rifle and has a 1 in 12 twist. Good shootin!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby loulov » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:56 pm

tigwelder56,thank you for your reply to my post, My son bought this rifle for his ten year old son, we've been having problems with it. while sighting in I notice bullets were tumbling and were all over target, best groups were shot w/Pmc bronze 55 gr fmj. this got me thinking about the rate of twist, we've tried 55gr fmj,hp and sp, 62 gr hp and sp w poor results, any suggestions?
loulov

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:47 am

After assuring there isn't a barrel obstruction, (anything that looks like a bullet isn't a good sign) proceed with your inspection! I'd remove the barrel and examine it closely for deposits like copper or lead. Anything like that will dramatically change MOA (accuracy). I've noticed terrible keyholing (tumbling) whenever there was an accumulation of lead in most .22's. The accuracy wasn't only poor, it was absolutely terrible. Once the leading was discovered and removed, the keyholing stopped and accuracy returned. However, just an FYI, I wouldn't shoot anything heavier than the .55 grain bullet in the 1 in 12 barrel. Something in the lighter weights would likely give you better performance IMO. So clean the barrel with something like Eezox or another quality product and get that barrel cleaned well. Hopefully you'll see your accuracy return!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Website Help