>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Taking the first step...

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Taking the first step...

Postby Tralik33 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:10 pm

I've registered the new domain name for the new site. The new site will be:

www.gunreviewonline.com

Obviously nothing is up there yet as I am still looking at web-hosts. I hope to get at least an under construction page up in the next week or so. I'll keep you all posted. In the meantime, be thinking of any other features you'd like to see on a new site and let me hear them. Thanks!
Tralik33

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:52 pm

Good choice 33, I like it. You've been asked for several different options and I have to agree with them. It would be nice to have background options, things like color, font, personal avatars, including the same options we have now. I would also like to see the ability to stay logged on the account unless logged out. It would be fun to have seasonal or holiday backgrounds as appropriate, that could be one option made available. Some people are the festive types!

That's all for now. I've got additional ideas but my wife's stomach is yelling and you know what that means! YES DEAR..... LOL!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby agonist » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:38 am

Definetly email notifications when someone posts to a thread you are subscribed to.

I do like the way the categories and threads are listed here but perhaps there could be an additional grouping listing the 5 most current postings across the forum so the more active users can immediately see the most active threads.
agonist

Postby Tralik33 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:11 am

Well, I've undertaken the task of teaching myself PHP and MySQL. I should be fully versed in about a week and the actual site construction can begin.
Tralik33

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:40 am

It sounds like you're making some excellent progress! I want to ask you if it's possible to include a "Hover function"? What I'm referring to is something like you experience on Yahoo and many other sites, where when you hold your mouse arrow over a link, the link becomes active and provides you with a portion of the post or a picture. I think it would be a great feature, one that would allow for rapid reviews of posts that may interest the reader. I don't know but wouldn't that reduce bandwidth demand? Just a thought! You're doing a great job 33! Keep up the good work!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Tralik33 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:21 am

I'll look into that Tig. I would assume that just about anything is possible, it's just a matter of figuring out how to do it. I will certainly ask the guys I am working with about it.
Tralik33

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:15 pm

I've learned from my present experience here. If you want ideas thats great but I'm not going to put forth the effort untill I see somthing.

like a webpage......
beltbuckle

Postby Tralik33 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Understandable. I'm about 5 chapters into my php and mysql book. It is slow going. I should be meeting with the friend of mine that has a lot of web design experience again later this week.
Tralik33

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 pm

I like your idea, and your enthusiasm anyway! I hope your able to accomplish your goal.

If you get stuck on somthing let me know, I'll try and lend a hand.
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Beltbuckle who??? Why don't you lend me a hand?

tigwelder56

Next

Return to Website Help