>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Not receiving notifications !!

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Not receiving notifications !!

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:34 pm

Is anyone else having a problem getting notified of replies to posts? It's been at least a week since I've gotten anything. Why is there always something wrong with the operation of this place? I hope the new administration gets moving on these issues. Come on Jeff, we need some help...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby agonist » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:08 am

I don't get them. Hopefully they'll get to that soon.
agonist

Postby agonist » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:09 am

That last post is the first time I don't get an "undeliverable message" error. YAY!!!!
agonist

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:28 pm

I'm still not getting notified though...... That truly makes moderation difficult to do properly. I'm not impressed by the new help we're getting. It would be nice to get the consideration we deserve. Nothing has improved IMO.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:29 pm

ditto
beltbuckle

Postby lotsip81 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:44 pm

I'm not getting any notifications either. I did send a PM to AF in the middle of last week, but I never heard anything back yet.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby ActiveFan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:36 pm

The management of email and mailing lists is astronomically difficult to manage with ISPs, especially in relation to firearms related material. Many ISPs simply dont like it or the traffic. Hell, even google wont allow us to advertise or accept advertisements because of 'firearm' content.

We are working on a way to move away from email notifications and more to a website based 'new posts', 'replies to your posts', 'posts you are watching ' scenario.
ActiveFan

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:29 pm

I started receiving notifications this afternoon, nothing this evening so far but that may be the result of something else, like life! That's a step in the right direction Jeff, please keep it moving forward. We want this forum to excel just as much or more than you do! I hope our dedication exhibits that...

tigwelder56

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:48 pm

I was recieving notifications for a while, now it seem that has come to a screeching halt, yet again. Is this just me or is it happening to you guys as well. Well I guess all we can do is let AF know and ask if he'll give us a hand in this matter. It seems to me that when the notifications are working, the post count goes up dramtically. People know that things are going on at this site and come to check it out. It they dont know anything is going on, they seem less likey to check back in to see what has happen to their commments and questions. It seems like it would be good to get it up and running again just for the sake of traffic on the site.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:31 pm

I'm not having any problems at the moment. I can't explain it but like you and everyone else, I get them for a couple of days and then I don't. It doesn't make sense and the only person who can answer those questions isn't interested in explaining things.

tigwelder56

Next

Return to Website Help