>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Question

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Question

Postby jt1983 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:24 pm

I plan on getting a pistol very soon and need some advice. Being in the military I'm use to a 9mm. I would like to stay with a 9mm but prefer something not too heavy and something without a lot of kick for my wife. The gun will be used as home defense and range shooting only. Price range between $300-$400, if not cheaper :). Thanks.
jt1983

Postby ShootSS » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:20 am

You just described a Ruger 95DC. Good polymer framed gun, not heavy, it's a 9mm and is in your price range. Your wife will be able to handle it too.

Personally, I find the 95DC a little nose heavy when the magazine is empty. The Taurus PT92 also fits your criteria, but is a little heavier. Both are full size semi-autos and your wife, unless she has good hand/upper body strentgh, may not be able to rack the slide, or get her hand around the grip to reach the trigger.

A better bet if she is not able to work the slide is a .38 special caliber revolver. All she has to do is pull the trigger (double or single action) and there is not much kick.
ShootSS

Postby beltbuckle » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:23 am

although a little higher than your price range, why not get the weapon you train with? A Beretta 92. If your looking for a better option than the 92 you might consider the PX4 in 9mm. I have allot of personal experience with the PX4 in multiple calibers and I assure you that you wouldn't be disappointed in it!
beltbuckle

Return to Website Help