>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Beware Of some Buyers

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Beware Of some Buyers

Postby YellowHummer » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:12 pm

Just had a guy in Mississippi that promised to buy my gun than backed out at the last minute...I'm new to this site and what a way to start~~~~~~It was my wife's gun but she never really got into going to the range with me...Was going to use the money and buy her a gift she would use...Real Bummer...
YellowHummer

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:57 pm

No doubt! I'm not too sure about selling a firearm online if you don't have a FFL. To sell your gun without having that license would require you to contact a dealer or someone with the license to make the sale legitimately (legal). If I were you I'd sell it locally via a want ad or auction. That way you could sell it in person as a second hand sale, no FFL required, unless Indiana specifically requires that. If IN doesn't require anything special to sell a used firearm second hand then you'll save that extra money a dealer will charge you for a transfer fee. You could also sell it at a local gun show, or trade it for something else or use it to trade up to another nicer pistol. There are many options available. You got lucky that you didn't end up on the short end of the stick! You're lucky to still have your pistol.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby YellowHummer » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:09 am

That was my first move to sell it thru my local paper...But just recently they quit placing gun ads unless you were a FFL holder...Now I got an e-mail from a guy in London, England wanting to buy one of my guns....Now that brings up a different animal altogether.....I did want to just sell it to someone here in town but all my options are now dead ends...Do have local gun shows and may have to just wait on that...Usually just one a year...
YellowHummer

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:46 am

Do NOT under any circumstances sell it to anyone overseas!! Especially in London. It's horribly illegal to send one overseas and gun ownership, especially handguns are very prohibited in all of Great Britain. Don't even do that. There's a big scam going on by people over there that try to get you to ship your firearm to them. You don't get your money, they might get your gun unless it's law enforcement trying to sting you in the first place. Either way you lose big time!! I don't think you want to spend the next 10 years in prison for a weapons violation either!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby radio_relay » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:15 am

That is definitely true, Tig. If you sell any firearm, or even any firearm accessories, to anybody, in any other country, then you are asking for a big world of sh!t to descend upon your life.

The very best way, and most legal way to sell any firearm is to sell it on consignment through a gun shop, or pawn shop. The shop owner will probably take 10% of the selling price, and you get the rest. In many states that is the only way you can sell a privately owned gun.

Here is the ATF online answer to selling a privately owned firearm.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b1

Check your local laws also. The Feds allow many things that are banned locally.
radio_relay

Postby YellowHummer » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:39 pm

I agree with all of you...I told the guy from London NO WAY..He said he owned a shipping company that could COME TO MY HOUSE or any place of my chosing to pick it up..Don't know about you guys, but sounds like something out of a movie......
YellowHummer

Postby radio_relay » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:53 pm

Oh, one of those...

It's either an idiot, somebody playing games, or a criminal.

Next, you'll be getting email from "solicitors" and "barristers" requesting your bank account number. So that he/she/they can deposit your inheritance from your long lost, rich uncle.
radio_relay

Postby cwodavis1 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:58 am

The FBI advises that there is a large amount

of internet fraud that orginates in the UK ie

London area. Report any suspicious activity

with appropiate info to above agency.
cwodavis1

Postby Dr.KM » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:03 pm

The Doctor is in and justifing these alegations. Last year around June 2006.A well known trader Gunbrokers.com got slammed with a law suit. A handgun was sold to member who had a long wrap sheetwith several felonies. You know how court goes I'm not sure if the case was thrown out or not?

The buyer moved out of state were the crimes happened.And because he moved around a lot his FFL & Gunbroker.com were found in neglent.But especially Gunbroker cause they too have too run a 3 day backround check prior to releasing the gun.
Dr.KM

Postby sittingmoose10.31_51shaman » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:39 am

Nay , nay , says I . For to send a gun to such a one , o'er the Brimey Deep . Will bring your way , a cheque , so cheap - it'll bounce.......... right clear back to London . And after thus , you will be sought , by The Yard and Interpol - for a dirty deed , done with , your former gun , the F.B.I. ,will , to you claim , " you were part and parcel , to that Great Robbery of tons of Pounds , that that brazen Al - Quaeda stole . "
sittingmoose10.31_51shaman

Return to Website Help