>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Making website better

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Making website better

Postby Patrol » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:49 pm

make the threads or post on here from oldest to newest so you can scroll down instead of back. Post more firearms for sell so there is a good price competition like the auctions have.
Patrol

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi Patrol,

That was discussed in length some time back and the overwhelming response was to keep the posts like this because people said they preferred being able to see the newest post versus having to scroll through multiple pages and/or posts to get to the freshest info. Once a post is made, if you choose to be notified of all replies you'll be kept current as long as you want to be. But I do understand that you have to do some reverse searching to find the first post in a thread. So either way you view it you're still going to end up scrolling. You just can't get away from it unless you settle for the last post format that we're using currently. If you would like to send a personal message to the editor, you can reach him via the "Contact Us" link at the top of each page. Everyone is welcome to buy and sell via the "Classified" section. We encourage members to get involved in the process and it's catching on. It's a fairly new process set up here and the participation is growing more and more all the time. Any type of auction system would have to be set up and approved by the editor. Thanks for your comments!

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby mxlplx » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:35 am

You know, when your looking at a firearm on this site and there is a link at the top to "find a holster for this gun" and you click on it, takes you to Bass Pro Shops, which stock squat for holsters, dont know if the links for ammo, ect. are as useless. But it would really help if the links took you to a list real manufacturers. If I want a holster, Im not looking for a fishing reel.

Thanks Friends
mxlplx

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:50 pm

Hi mxlplx, I did look into your suggestion and agree that their isn't a good selection of holsters at all. However, the link is for accessories in general and Bass Pro Shops does offer a good overall selection of just about everything. They also are an important contributor to the website and provide many members with just the item they're looking for. What I can suggest and I know for a fact that you're going to get more help than you actually need, and that is to post on the Accessories section of the Gear and Ammo forum. I've posted recommendations for holster suppliers myself so I know there are many good suggestions. You're going to find hundreds of people ready at any time to answer most of your questions. I'll leave you with one place to go for holsters and recommend them highly:

www.highnoonholsters.com

Good people with a great selection. Hope this has helped answer your question. Thanks for joining the Forum too, we welcome everyone and all contributions!

Tig

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby mxlplx » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:14 am

Thanks Tig, I kinda figured BPS were somehow related to the Website, and I thank them for their contribution here. I checked out High Noon, and you are correct, excellent products. I will take your suggestion and post on the accessories forum for what Im looking for. I must have an affinity for buying strange models of handguns, and have a heck of a time finding leather, or kydex for them.

Again, Thanks for your help friend ---- mxlplx
mxlplx

Postby beltbuckle » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:50 pm

It'd also be nice if the moderators had somwhere where we could specifically message you. That way you would'nt have to read thru a bunch of garbage to get what you really need to know. Have us sort thru all the BS
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:57 am

I tried to send you a private message but kept getting error messages Belt. I think my final one went through. I don't know why but I get a lot of error messages. I just wanted to ask what type of additional contact we could actually get that we don't already have? Doesn't the email function provide that already? Maybe a direct link to their ISP email account but I'm not sure how many people would want to go that direction. Let me know what you're thinking. Thanks... Tig

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:17 am

Hey MX,

I hope you've connected with someone to fulfill your holster needs. I wanted to also direct you to this websites "Accessories" page, located in the Gear and Ammo forum. They have a lot of links to holsters and other items that you might find useful. Good luck!

Tig

tigwelder56

Postby dirk911 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:01 am

Hey tig,

somthing else you might want to consider in the future is black powder forum. There is lots of topics and inquiry's that many people may find usefull on a forum that deals with weapons that are alittle more high maintenence. Just somthing to think about in your down time. Thanks

dirk
dirk911

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:22 pm

Excellent idea! I'll put it before the editor, our head honcho. He's always looking for ways to add improvements to the site. Thanks dude!

Tig

tigwelder56

Return to Website Help