>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

RIFLES AND CARBINES

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

RIFLES AND CARBINES

Postby DADDYMONSTER » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:39 pm

I would like to see a new area on this sight that discusses rifles and cabines, there are quite a few people that like an area discuss their weapons of choice, besides carbines are fastley becoming the weapons of choice for thousands of people in virtually every area that these weapons can be used, hunting, sport shooting and so on. Lets give these folks a venue. I personally shoot an AR-15 and love it. What do you folks think.
DADDYMONSTER

Postby jdeangelis99 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:35 am

i agree i havn't seen that area and was really surprised
jdeangelis99

Postby WheatSnackBread » Thu May 03, 2007 3:20 pm

I have something a little off topic to add. If I offend anyone, I apologize, this is just my opinion. It drives me INSANE when I see people mounting hundreds of dollars worth of flashlights on their rifles (AR's). The only applications that would have are: 1. Some kind of weird-ass night-time frog hunting, 2. Clearing a cave. I spent 14 months in Iraq in the USMC, and I have yet to see intelligent use of a mounted light. Would somebody PLEASE fill me in? And don't say, "to clear a house" or something. That said, to each, his own. If you want to make your rifle look like some sorta space gun, go right ahead.
WheatSnackBread

Postby DADDYMONSTER » Thu May 03, 2007 4:54 pm

DADDYMONSTER

Postby radio_relay » Wed May 09, 2007 12:46 pm

Obviously, lights on guns are stupid in a "combat" situation. Lights anywhere help the enemy know where you are.

However, in a civilian, non combat situation, having a light mounted on your weapon while checking out a dark room in your own home gives you the ability to see an intruder at the same time that you have your target aquired. Yes you're still making yourself a target, but you're going to have a flashlight anyway. Why not have it on your gun? So that you can also see what you're shooting at, if need be. A bright light also stuns and blinds the bg.

They do make switches that you can mount, which allows you to track the bad guy without the light, and then use the light when you need it. I actually think that is best.

FYI, I was also a Marine, in a different war 40 years ago. Lights, even cigarette tips, were a target. I undertstand the issue, but lights on guns do have their place.
radio_relay

Postby jdeangelis99 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:53 pm

I think lights can be used.. i like to have a light on the gun to clear the outside of my property if needed or also inside..I was taught to use light controll keep your light on to see what you want to look at then turn it right off.. then move so your not in that spot anymore.. BUt most of the time i would only use it outside to clear the area..I think its good for a cop but i don't know if a regular person would need it..BUt hey we all use diff tactics
jdeangelis99

Postby WheatSnackBread » Wed May 09, 2007 7:41 pm

Yeah, I guess I can see that.

It was the same in Iraq in the opening days of the invasion. A buddy of mines lit up a cigarette and got the , "Devildog, are you suicidal?" lecture from the Company Gunny.
WheatSnackBread

Postby radio_relay » Thu May 10, 2007 10:31 am

Not to get off topic, but those ciggies "will" get you killed, or worse, in a war zone.

I have buddy from Vietnam, that had his face shot off while smoking a cigarette. They were on patrol in the jungles outside Quang Tri, and stopped at a stream to rest. My buddy had just lit up when he was hit by a sniper. Three AK rounds hit him on the left side of his face. One took out the eyeball, one went through his jaw and took out all the teeth and bone, and one hit his cheek and just peeled his face over.

All the Corpsman could do was put the face back in place and wrap his head in about ten feet of gauze. We thought he was a goner, but he was medivac'd to a hospital ship, and miraculously survived.

I see Jerry, at The Wall, on The MC Birthday, and Veterans' Day, and we write to each other occasionally. He's disfigured and blind. He went through many years of hell with reconstructive surgeries, and psychological counceling. He now works for the VA counseling and helping Veterans coming back from the present war with similar wounds.

So, the Gunny was right... don't smoke!! Snipers are everywhere!
radio_relay

Postby jdeangelis99 » Thu May 10, 2007 11:43 am

damn man that happens in iraq 2 and its scary.My buddy quit smoking both times he went there not just for that reason.. If that was me I think i would rather have died but who knows i might feel diffrent if i was in his shoes
jdeangelis99

Return to Website Help