>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

brands and problems

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu May 17, 2007 4:05 pm

Ha, haaaa!!!!! Ya, a bunch of chimpanzee's with guns...

At least they're broken!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby DADDYMONSTER » Thu May 24, 2007 2:30 pm

feel For Ya Tig
DADDYMONSTER

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:57 pm

Thanks Dad! All I can tell people is if you want to purchase a Taurus product, don't buy it because you admire the lifetime warranty. The warranty is an appealing part of the Taurus program but should a problem arise and require sending the weapon back to Taurus, it may just take your "Lifetime" to get it back. They need to get serious about their customer service, it's very poor, at least every attempt I've made to talk with them has failed miserably. Right now I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see my pistol again. I should've bought the small part that was defective and replaced it myself or had my gunsmith here do it. Live and learn I guess. --------Caveat Emptor--------

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby agonist » Thu May 24, 2007 6:08 pm

That's a shame becuase I believe the home company in Brazil is taking very seriously the manufacture of quality firearms. They need to get their U.S. import company up to snuff.
agonist

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:17 pm

I agree with you Ag. They've got some nice firearms at a very reasonable price. Customer Service is one of the most important aspects of any business and I hope to see someone get into Miami and straighten that mess out. It's nothing but a train wreck! I can't even get someone on the phone to complain to. I'm mad as hell and they don't care. I've heard this from more than one person too. They finally got their guns back but one fellow waited almost 9 months. They could at least notify the owner about a possible delay. I wonder if their lifetime guarantee hasn't gotten them so backed up that they don't have enough people to handle the repairs or the phones!

tigwelder56

Postby agonist » Fri May 25, 2007 6:34 pm

I wonder if it would be possible to contact the Brazil factory directly and show them all of the horrible accounts of customer interactions with the Miami people.
agonist

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:52 pm

Might be worth a try! Before I make contact with them, anyone who has had or is having problems can let me know the circumstances. Better to have more than one problem and I know there are, before contacting them. I'll find their International contact, hopefully not through Miami...

Tig

tigwelder56

Postby DADDYMONSTER » Wed May 30, 2007 12:23 pm

I had a problem with some rounds made by remmington, they wer the S&W 40 180gr green box. Any body else had problems with these rounds, cause i think i just got a bad box. At least 4 rounds out of fifty either woundn't fire or the rounds just would fall about ten ft down range( whats with that). I know its not my gun cause i have a ruger p94. So anybody got a clue.
DADDYMONSTER

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed May 30, 2007 2:31 pm

Hey Dad, sounds to me like you got ahold of a box of bad ammo. Where did you purchase them at? If they were surplus and had been stored improperly anything can happen. Prolonged exposure to moisture can play havoc on primers and powder. Have you gone out with different ammo to test the pistol? That's an easy first step. But it sounds like an ammunition failure, that's my first impression anyway.

tigwelder56

Postby agonist » Wed May 30, 2007 10:31 pm

If you still have the box DAD, get in touch with Remington. They should replace it. They might replace it even if you don't have the box.
agonist

PreviousNext

Return to Website Help