>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Spelling

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:36 pm

Hey guy, what's happening? Haven't seen you recently! I haven't ever had security issues with IE7 or any of the others. I'm very anal about security and updates, etc. I've got two firewalls, one NAT and one software and of course a sturdy anti virus program that auto updates minimally each day. Like Cont2 I've always been fortunate to have no problems with spelling. That was the only part of English that I had no problems with and looked forward to. I've got a 10 gig partition on this machine, maybe I'll install Firefox on that to give it a try. I've never had issues with M$ programs, guess I've just been lucky since I started. What search engine do you prefer? I used Google before Google was cool, lol!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby jdeangelis99 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:12 am

I use google but i used to use webcrawler.. Im the same way with security updates and i use spy sweeper to get rid of the spyware and it works great..
jdeangelis99

Postby S&W910 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:51 pm

honestly i hate ie7 i deleted it when i had my puter and got 6.0 again but i prefer firefox it's better takes less memory and has a little bit of Linux in it's coding therefore it's a tad bit safer. there's my lil tidbit rant
S&W910

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:25 pm

I haven't ever tried Firefox, but have Opera installed on my mobile and like it. But the truth is a full service browser is nice for the spelling challenged amongst us. Providing of course that function is utilized. I wonder or think that people fail to proof read their posts. It's hard to follow a story or description when improper grammar, spelling and punctuation makes understanding difficult. Some posts are more difficult than others to follow and a click of the mouse on a good spell checker would do wonders for improving things!! Google has one of the best browser embedded checkers available.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby keyman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:16 pm

Man, I say amen to the spelling. And, as tig says, read the post before you send it. A great majority of errors can be detected if you will just read before sending ! ! !

I read this one three times.

I've never had a problem with spelling. My sweet wife has a problem with cat ! ! !
keyman

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:15 pm

Right on Keyman! It doesn't take much more effort to proof read your message. These aren't 1000 word essays... It would sure make them easier to understand if the grammar and punctuation were correct. The Google Toolbar has a spell checker built in and it works very well. If you have Google installed in your browser, the spell checker doesn't take up much more room!

tigwelder56

Previous

Return to Website Help