>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Forums Now Available!

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Forums Now Available!

Postby ActiveFan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:25 pm

We have over 2,000 registered users who have helped the site grow by posting gun comments and reviews daily. In order to help encourage growth of this gun-enthusiast community, weve added this Forum to which you can post any gun related topics, questions, or opinions that you wish to discuss...

Well be adding new features to the forums soon, like Personal Messaging, Mailing List Subscriptions, Moderators, Searching, and more. But we thought wed turn on the forums now to let everyone get started posting.

ActiveFan
ActiveFan

Postby razr » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:49 pm

I like how this site is set up! Nice work!
razr

Postby woodstoveguy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:25 am

How about a Collector's Forum?

Surely I am not the only guy around here who enjoys taking a cosmoline-drenched, rough and ragged POS and cleaning it up (refinishing, not restoring) and making it shine and making it work for the first time since WWII or even WWI.... Your average Moison-Nagant 7.62X54R could tell tales that would stand your hair on end.

They were official for more than 70 years, there were countless millions of them made, and they could get dropped in the mud, picked up, and put back into the firefight. What can you say about a rifle that faithfully fires at -40 below? Sure, they aren't pretty or expensive or black and dangerous looking, but they kicked the Nazis' asses back to Berlin, and millions of Russian troops died with one in hand. (Can you imagine for even a minute what Stalingrad must have been like?) I looked at one today that had such erosion that the muzzle was practically bell shaped-- how many rounds got pumped out of that weapon? What, or who, were those rounds aimed at?

Those are the kinds of things I think about when I look at one of those old worn out bolt action warmachines. All that for a hundred bucks and a wintertime cleanup project. Some day my grandson will ask me about it, and I'll sit him down and say, "Well, son, let me tell you a story about that old rifle...."

And how much will that be worth?
woodstoveguy

Postby ActiveFan » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:51 am

A collectors forum topic is now available.
ActiveFan

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:37 am

Why don't you get reinvolved AF? You sure started quick out of the gate but kind of died after a couple of furlongs! No better time than NOW to get back on that horse...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby g4l » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Took Me ten minutes to leave one damn post! This is why I check-out more than I check-in! Well one of the many reasons!
g4l

Postby jdeangelis99 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:16 am

i know glock i have trouble signing in alot it pisses me off. I read but I don't leave messages
jdeangelis99

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:40 pm

Very odd! I haven't experienced too many problems. I still experience the weird symbols, and numbers when using the PM section. Occasionally I either receive or get a message that was written months ago or not at all, they just arrive blank. I've got cable broadband Internet that is very fast, so my download and upload times are real quick. What are you guys using for Internet service?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:32 am

I have broadband also however I still have long load times on this site. Much longer than any other website I visit.
beltbuckle

Postby g4l » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 am

I have broadband also. It's not bad in the early morning or odd hours of the night (although still slower than all other sites), but all in between takes an eternity. Sometimes I'll see something I want to comment on and I'll try to sign in, and wait.......... and then just say the hell with it!
g4l

Next

Return to Website Help