>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Moderators?

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Moderators?

Postby ActiveFan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:37 am

We do moderate this site and respond to all requests. Simply contact us at editor @ gundirectory.com. All manuals available for download are full PDFs of the original source manual that is or ever was available. Obviously some manufacturers provide more robust or specific manuals than others, over which we have no control.
ActiveFan

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:41 pm

I'd like to again bring up the ban function.!
beltbuckle

Postby S&W910 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:42 pm

Honestly how would you go about determining what actions other then blatant threats against another would constitute banning?
S&W910

Postby dirk911 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:10 pm

any post containing topics of questionable legality, and random stupidity
dirk911

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:15 pm

The Editor has always had any and all liberty to do as he pleases. But I would like to see the Moderators be given the authorization to censure and ban anyone on this site for behavior beyond what's considered acceptable, including legality, gross profanity, threats of any nature and continued harrasment for any reason. I think that to avoid any appearance of arbitrary banning, it would probably be a good idea to have the agreement of two staff members. The way it's getting, the site is getting bigger and bigger and unfortunately we've attracted several people that care less about maintaining any sort of decorum here. It's up to the Editor to decide how much authority the Moderator's get. Until he makes a decision to change the current program, we're limited to simple deletions and verbal scoldings! I know he's busy with many websites so we'll have to do the best we can until he can make a decision on how we handle things in the future.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby S&W910 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:27 pm

Tig i can handle that, but for the sake of arguement when ya'll find something offensive enough to be banned toss it in a subject with a message that says stuff like this will get you banned that way the general people on here that actually pay attention will know how far they can or cannot go, albeit threats and certain agressive harrassment would call for immediate removal aka banning.

Can call it the Idiots Guide for things that'll get you banned on Gun Directory.
S&W910

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:23 pm

I agree with your thought there. Truth is that we have done that a dozen times before and the people that stir up shit like that, the ones that cause the problems could care less about what we have to say. The people that, as you say "acutally pay attention" aren't the one's we have trouble with. It's those people that refuse to live or understand that the world lives on rules of one sort or another. Troublemakers will always be troublemakers and the only way to deal with them is to get rid of them by sending them on their way. We always try to make a first time request to knock it off and respect the rights of and courtesy to all the other members. When they respond by telling you to F-off and threaten you, the appropriate thing to do is get rid of them. Once someone loses control of their behavior by choice, there is little you can do to stop their rant. That's when more agressive methods are warranted. So we'll do the best we can do with the methods we currently have available. If there is something or someone that is really out of line, we would appreciate being informed of it. Thanks...

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby S&W910 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:36 pm

when they decide to start shit with one of you guys thats grounds for immediate removal considering you're charged with helping look after the site, which i respect i wouldn't want to do that. Even so i'd still like to see an idiot guide.....
S&W910

Postby g4l » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:48 pm

Fortunately 99% of the members are here to inform and get informed, I can learn something everyday from the wealth of knowledge everyone supplies.
g4l

Postby S&W910 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:52 pm

write your senator and congressman/woman about the Castle Bill Glock
S&W910

Next

Return to Off-Topic Chatter