>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

best gun scene in a movie?

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Postby SEK2344 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:54 pm

MY FAVORITE SCENE IS AT THE END OF THE MOVIE "THE UNFORGIVEN" WITH CLINT EASTWOOD. HE THROWS THE SHOTGUN AT LITTLE BILL, PLAYED BY GENE HACKMAN, THEN PROCEEDS TO SHOOT HIM AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THE BAR THAT PULLS A GUN ON HIM. THERE IS A GREAT LESSON TO BE LEARNED FROM THIS SCENE AND THIS WOULD BE TO KEEP YOUR COOL, TAKE YOUR TIME AND MAKE EVERY SHOT HIT YOUR TARGET. PRACTICE, PRACTICE AND THEN PRACTICE.///END///
SEK2344

Postby SEK2344 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Actchilly,what is portrayed is what happens to this (Clint)

sociopath when he is in a 'black-out' alcolholic state.

One bad-assed fraggin' mean mother whom killed twenty-

seven men,wimmen,and children in a train he blowed-up.....

I believe that is what was done by he.

Nasty..... One more reason why I carry.... There ARE

whack-o's like that 'out there'.....

Survival of the fittest Shootist!!

The weirdest gun-related scene comes at us in "Three Kings":

The edit cut-in of 'full screen' ; GUTS .....

Mike Wahlbergs' character gets popped and to impress

the audience to the nature of his wound , Director David O. Russell required an open scene of..... guts...... with a slow pan-in

to the bullet and the bubbling lung puncture.

I loved it ! It was quite hilarious..... I mean, here's this fast-

paced,dramatic,adrenaline pumpin',guns flamin',bullets whizzing shoot-out..... Suddenly-GUTS- First time for me

to have seen 'guts' portrayed this way in a flick.

I laugh still..... What th' bloody hell was Russell thinking!?.....

Weird , yet cool..... I love 'weird. My guns reflect my

fondness of strange. I'm a cartoonist ..... I've sculpted

my irons so. First Amendment protected.... They're works

of....er.....'art'. And function too!......
SEK2344

Postby jdeangelis99 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:10 pm

Rambo is a great movie I thoguht. ANyone watch generation Kill??
jdeangelis99

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Yes, I enjoy it. Gives you a little insight into what our troops are seeing everyday. I'm sure it barely scrapes the actual surface of what they experience but it's interesting to get a glimpse of their daily hell. Helps to understand some of their horror when they come home.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby kyle44mag » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:02 am

I like the part In Unforgiven when he tries to hit the can with his revolver but he cant so hes like screw it and he gets his side by side instead. Makes me laugh every time.
kyle44mag

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:46 am

I know which scene you're talking about! It always brought a smile to my face too. Kind of similar to the time he told that guy in San Francisco during one of the Dirty Harry movies, "Go ahead punk, did I fire five or six, make my day"! That's not accurate but close enough. I really enjoyed his movies.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby smith6906 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:18 am

i think the best scene..........due to its flaws haha is in Shooter with mark whalberg..........when there on the snow tops with the helicopter and he blows the dudes arm off that raped his girl............then she picks up the chrome 92f........fires 5 rounds and the slide locks back after 2 but she keeps shooting him anyway hahahha........i wonder why people never notice that before production
smith6906

Postby smith6906 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:22 am

oh and the ending to wanted with angelina joliee..........guy bursts through a window....with 2 9mm pistols takes out like 30 guys, takes there guns , takes out 30 more, picks them up with thier guns, uses them as shields , takes out like 20 more, drops the boddies shoots 5 guys through one guys corpse , shoots a round around 3 guys into another ones face, then proceeds to take out like 50 more!!!!!!!! all within 45 seconds......totaly badass!
smith6906

Postby arez_xd » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:51 am

Great Outdoors, where John Candy shoots the bear in the ass with the lamp.

Seriously though, the final gun battle scene in the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly was top shelf.

The boat scene with the Beretta in Rambo, or the scene with the bow.

Predator scene where the jungle gets clear cut.

The Departed, where the new kid on the block pops jason bourne, few choice ones in this one.

The Godfather II, Vito gets his start in nyc, and then sets things right back in the old country.

Matewan, ending with gun fight. It actually happened.
arez_xd

Postby BrianB » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:57 am

This thread is way too long to read all the way through so I don't know if its been mentioned but I would think "Shoot em Up" would have to be mentioned somewhere. The movie is totally over the top but has some crazy scenes. There is one scene where the hero and his prostitute sidekick have sex and a gun battle at the same time. Its hilarious!!! You just got to ignore the rules of reality when watching it and its all good.
BrianB

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Chatter