>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Christian friendly website

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Postby ANTI-XD » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:52 am

Tig your Question deserves a good answer, it's simple if you think about how Jesus would pray.

Matthew 26:39-46

39And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

40And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

41Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

42He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

43And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.

44And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

45Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

46Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.

This Shows that Jesus would pray to God to ask for something but he would also say let thy will be done, he was saying I ask this but I want your will to be done.

Also why do we pray in the name of Jesus becuase of what Christ said.

John 14:6

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

see Jesus is the only way to come to the father, Also we see that in

John 9:31

31Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

this verse shows us that unless we are Chritians God does not hear us in the since or answering our Prayers Don't get me wrong God knows when your a person who trys to do right and he knows when you pray as it shows that in the bible but it just goes up as a memorial and not in the same since of talking to God and haveing a relationshp with him and receiving the gift of haveing your name put in the lam's book of life.

Acts 10:2-6

2A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

3He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.

4And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

5And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter:

6He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do.

if your wondering what he had him to do it's simple

Acts 10:48

48And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

So to become a Christian you need to

John 3:5

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:38

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Thought you might want to know this last part as well, Hope this helps if there is anything you don't think I have addressed or need me to answer anything elese just let me know
ANTI-XD

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Thank you, l have a much better understanding now. It helps to have our own Forum Pastor!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ANTI-XD » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:54 pm

Your welcome, Thanks for the compliment but I'm not a paster yet, I want to be in a few years for now I'm just your average Christian brother.
ANTI-XD

Postby ks1101 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:07 pm

ks1101

Postby ANTI-XD » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:09 am

How is everyone doing ?
ANTI-XD

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:34 am

Hanging in there XD! How has life been treating you? Lotsip is in Germany now serving our country, I'm sure he'd enjoy hearing from you too! Hopefully all is well on your end, let us know what's happening!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ANTI-XD » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:05 pm

well life is pretty great I have been laid off for a while but I finally found a new Job, can't wait to start working, how has everyone been ? God bless
ANTI-XD

Postby SittingMooseShaman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Lousy...

I don't know 'bout everyone else...

Hm-mm... I'm watchin' the Travel Channel...

... a bunch of gauchos are stewin' up

bull testicles from the round-up...

Looks good... Down in Chile...

BBQ followin' the nuts...

Lucky basterds...
SittingMooseShaman

Postby lotsip81 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:58 pm

I am doing about as good as can be expected given the mess that the country/world is in right now. But I can't complain for the most part.

What kind of work do you do or are you looking for?
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby kcmitch » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:05 pm

It is good to see so many Christians on the site. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ. Happy Easter to all. HE IS RISEN!!!

1 John 5:20, And we know that the Son of God has come and He has given us an understanding so that we may know Him who is true. And we are in Him that is True, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and the everlasting life.

1 John 4:15, Whoever shall confess that Jesus is the son of God, God dwells in him and he in God.

God bless all of you. Good to be here with the brothers and sisters in Christ. AMEN!!
kcmitch

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Chatter