>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

How to deal with lousy service

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Postby BigJoeSr » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:13 am

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SAID HERE, IT ALL MAKES SENSE REMEMBER, IF YOU ARMED BE POLITE, RESPECTFULL AND BE PREPARED TO CODE RED ANYONE WHO GETS OUT OF LINE
BigJoeSr

Postby sigpower » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:28 pm

Big Joe, you get it. As the western world slowly disarms it's self we are no better off for it. The guns kill people crowd may some day( although be it too late ) realize that bad people kill people. The means to which they kill people is not as important to them as their desire to do evil. Are code is as old and could in fact be the basis of civilization. We want to live, therefore we must protect ourselves. The respect comes from the same place. We acknowledge that our neighbors want to live as well and are willing to defend themselves. So the fact your neighbor could kill you as easily as you him creates a mutual respect. Thus an armed society is polite society. As for those evil ones that would do us harm they only understand peace through superior firepower. These groups and individuals are only put off by the fact that we ( like minded gun owners) exists. Keep up the good work guys.
sigpower

Postby PoiPounder » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:10 am

It's me Dakahuna w/new screenname. I've been looking for a new rifle for a little while now and I have come to like Sportsmans better than Cabellas. My last 2 trips to Sportsmans were pretty good, they basically showed me every 223 they had and were very patient. Even though I've bought 4 rifles and at least 5,000 rounds from them I still feel like they should be a little more friendly, Oh well. I'll take kinda friendly over kinda rude.
PoiPounder

Postby sigpower » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:37 am

How friendly is friendly ? If I get the info. I don't need a cup of coffee or a kiss. Sounds like to me you started what could be a bueatful relationship with your gun guy. By the way what are the .223 limitations in WA. Can you buy AR type weapons ?
sigpower

Postby PoiPounder » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:30 am

I should have asked for a cup of coffee! In Cabellas they don't even ask you if you need anything half the time, and when you approach the counter they act like "ah crap I gotta go help somebody now" This past weekend I actually bought a CZ 527 American in 223 from Sportsmans, and while I was getting the scope mounted and boresighted there were 3 guys standing around the shop bitching about Cabellas! And they all were commenting on how many people were in Sportsmans ( there have been a lot less people in there since Cabellas opened up, but Sat. the place had a lot of people and yet they were friendly unlike the Cabellas experience).

Sorry I don't have too much info on the AR type guns, but they do have quite a few different ones in all the stores I've been in. The only name that jumps to mind is Bushmaster. Usually every time I go shooting there is someone shooting some sort of AR. They will shoot 50 rds or so then bail. When I lived in Cali a friend of mine shipped his AR here to Wa. cuz he couldn't have it there.
PoiPounder

Postby sigpower » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:11 am

I use Cabela's on-line, or catalogue sometimes. I've also used Midway. It's a little trickier buying a gun in Calif. You almost assuredly will pay top dollar, and the selection is pretty heavily limited. Ten round max, no folding stocks, no .50's, AR's with internal ten round mag. only and a list of individual guns that are ban for various reasons. The dealers charge a heavy premium for transfer fees if you order one from out of state. But because of all the tree hagging hippies we don't have any major outfitter anywhere near me. This means I use the independant gun shop. The service is good because of the competion.
sigpower

Postby PoiPounder » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:28 pm

I lived in Rancho Cordova and there was a gun shop in Davis or a town right near there, that seemed to have all kinda stuff and an indoor range to try stuff out otherwise I went to pawn shops to look at stuff but never bought anything while I lived there. Rancho is about 15min from Sacramento.
PoiPounder

Postby sigpower » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:56 pm

I've been there, it's pretty cool. I'm really OK where I am but all the nuts aren't far away. As I post this, the city of Berkley is voting on weather or not to kick out the Marine recruiting center. These nuts make San Fran. look like the Bush Ranch.
sigpower

Postby lotsip81 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:55 pm

Maybe someone can help me with what I should do. I brought my Beretta Px4 in to have some Trijicon sights put on it. Some guy takes it to the back, works on it for a while, then come back and says their in too tight, can't get them out. Thats when I realize that he isn't a gunsmith, he's just a guy who works there. So I say fine I'll come back tomorrow when the gunsmith is in. Only to find out when I get home that my front sight has a big dent in it (assuming from a punch of some sort), and the slide has the finish worn down to bare metal in two spots at the bottoms of the slide (assuming a vice). So I call them up and all they tell me is...."bring it in and we'll look at it. (can't do it today, having a blizzard in MN and the gunsmith shop is 85 miles away) I'm just worried since I didn't catch it there on the spot, what do you guys think that they'll do about fixing it? I called and talked to Beretta, they say that they are the only ones who do the finsihing, but that is $100+ and then the shipping. Now I dont think that I should get nailed for that. What do you guys think that I should try to get done.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Chatter