>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Garbage Cleanup

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Garbage Cleanup

Postby lotsip81 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:24 pm

First off, let me say thank you to whom ever was kind enough to clean up the garbage posts around the site. I just thought we could start this little thread, so that in future if a moderator doesn't see some of the garbage going on in one of the threads, you can post it hear and let them know. I realize that I have been a member for about a year now and while I don't have the most posts, but I have put my input down in many sections of this website. That being said, I like to bullshit with the best of them, and its good that we have a forum area here where we can do that so we don't ruin the gun review sections. However it just seems to be a girls cat fight in high school around here lately. Now I don't really care who is responsible, whether its the infamous "Bill" or a genuine new memeber to the site, lets just try to grow up a little bit people. It wasn't that long ago that there was that issue with "mattewturner" or whatever his name was. Now those of you who have been here for a while know what I am talking about. Those of you who don't...your better off the way it is!! All I know is after "matt's" issue, I noticed that the post from new members seem to drop off dramatically, and with the way things going on here lately, the same seems to be happening again. It used to be you went a week without checking the site and you missed a ton of good chatter and reviews. Now it seems to have slowed down to a crawl. I'm sure that it is some to do with the slow loading of this site, but I'm also sure that some of it is these ridiculous posts from imature people. In any case lets all just try to make this the best, most informative website that it can be. I do really enjoy getting and sharing information with the people on this site, and I'd hate to see others leave, or worse not show up due to the few children who frequent around here. Now I'm not saying that we can't shoot the breeze around here or anything let's just do it in apropriate places.

Thank you

Lot
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby g4l » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:38 am

Yes! Isn't it unfortunate just one idiot can drag it all down? I got rid of a bunch of "Bills" yesterday just to check in now and find another. One idiot clogs up threads under multiple personalities, fake arguments, confusion, and so on, yet brags about how He's a member of a better place, yet spends 24 hours a day thinking of ways to infest this site! Instead of scanning for good conversation We have to scan for one sick individual almost on a daily basis, for free, just cause We enjoy this place minus Him. Until the Webmaster tracks this Nut down and presses Internet Harassment charges I'm afraid He makes it His goal to be a nuisance. Please bare with Us and know We do all We can, and realize the difficulty in chasing Someone hiding behind a computer with what seems to be endless time to play games. Please ignore any posts He makes until We find and remove them. Thanks Everyone!
g4l

Postby beltbuckle » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:43 am

Couldn't have said it better. My time is better spent doing other things than searching for Bill and his counterparts. Unfortunatly thats not the case untill he's gone!

I like your idea lotsip, if you guys are willing to help out it makes our jobs easier. Expecially since none of us want to see this site turn into anthing but what its meant for.
beltbuckle

Postby radio_relay » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:16 pm

might want to keep an eye on "mclovin". It looks like he's posting trash over in the XD reviews.... not sure though... could be a compliment :o)
radio_relay

Postby beltbuckle » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:54 pm

Slow day!
beltbuckle

Postby lotsip81 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:30 pm

But wouldn't you say that that has been the case alot lately? That is unless you count going around and deleting all the crap that was put out there to annoy others!! This last month has seemed really slow, at least to me anyways. Hopefully some new people come around with some new ideas, and liven things up a bit. Once again, thanks for cleaning things up. I have to admit, the way things were going around here I thought about leaving the site. But I've never been one to let others push me too much, so I figured screw 'em I'll stick around till they get bored and leave!!
lotsip81

Postby g4l » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:42 pm

Being a Member for awhile now, it seems to go in spurts of tons of conversation to very little and then back again. Most Guys just seem to stick in the category of the firearms They own, while a handful like to get involved in a wider aspect. I like this site cause People can stray a little from the topic and become more personable with each other in the threads, it creates more of a friendly "just hanging out at the range" type of talk. While I find some of the disagreements humorous I would think the site joker would be a bit more tight lipped if We were hanging face to face, or risk being dumped in a garbage can upside down.lol
g4l

Postby lotsip81 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:53 pm

Glocks, its sounds like you've done that before!! Or were you the one that it happened too!!! lol I stray into other threads as well. Sometimes its just nice to reseach other weapons that way I have a more complete over all knowledge when I go the the gun store. This way I know what I might want to consider, before I look at it or even pick it up. And the opposite is true as well. I agree kindness is usually easier to maintain in person. Its way easier to spout off at the mouth when no one is standing there, ready to punch you in it!
lotsip81

Postby beltbuckle » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:30 pm

LMAO, good one lotsip!

Again I cant agree more. I like the casual atmosphere we have around here. For the most part there isnt any bureaucracy that would make a new or uninformed person feel unimportant.

I'm constantly amazed at what I learn here. Weather it's someone sharing their knowlege with me, or information I pick up and share with other people. Often times I'll even research a topic I knew nothing about because of someone else's question and find their answer for them.
beltbuckle

Postby jdeangelis99 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:58 pm

yeah this sitet gets slow and then picks up.. And as for Bill. this guy needs to get a life. If you don't enjoy the site stay off it. He is prob on this site more then anyone.I might not always post but I view this site alot. and I see bill having full blown convos with himself. THATS INSANE!!! Bill go get yourself checked out.. If you need someone to talk to send me a message and I will talk to you.. Ill even give you my personal phone number.. Man Im serious im worried about you. I think you need Jesus in your life
jdeangelis99

Next

Return to Off-Topic Chatter