>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Steel Gun Cabinet

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:24 pm

BB,

Are you going to have tours and balloons. That's not a safe, its a semi movable bank.

I think that thing would go right through the floor. Hope your house is on a slab.
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:30 pm

Anybody notice this conversation is going on in two threads.
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Edit*

Are you referring to the thread in the "Accessories" section? This thread was started by a new member that opened a new topic. He has some sort of business selling safes and we checked into it. He had a website that gave a Missouri address but he was in India. He didn't leave another post after his first. But that is why we have two threads. We ask members to check the archives for a similar subject and post to it. But as long as a member can open a new topic on any thread we'll experience this issue. The only way to end it is to delete all the posts on a particular thread. I don't think we want to do that when the topic is productive.

Edit: I just realized that it was also going on in the PPK/S thread! I guess it's a popular topic now that we're all concerned about our gun security. It's a great move forward for security's sake! I also agree with the recommendation of my fellow Moderator on the future of this topic. Thank you!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks, I am aware it's going on in multiple threads. I would appriciate it if you would keep future posts regarding your new safe either here or in the accessories forum in a thread regarding safes rather than in the PPK thread.

Congratts BTW on your new purchase.

LOL, mine: it's big, and it's heavy! My kind of safe! Luckily I have a bi-level house which the basement is accessable from the ground. I still havent figured out my plan of attack to move it. Getting it out of the Church is the only problem I forsee but it's ground level too, luckily I dont have any steps to deal with either place.
beltbuckle

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Pick a thread and I'll honor it. Anyway it was giving my poor brain fits trying to keep up with "who shot Sam".

I nominate safes to go to Accessories, but bow to the will of the Masters.
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:44 pm

After looking at the Accessories thread, I believe this location is more active, more current and just smells better...

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:09 pm

Im good with either. Or both here and accessories. off topic can be about anything and who cares if the conversation gets off the subject here.

If you choose to continue or start a thread in the accessories forum or any other we encourage everyone to stay on the topic being discussed

thats how i feel anway. Your thoughts Tig?.
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:31 pm

I agree completely!

tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:00 am

I got the chance to go and check out my new purchase this morning.

It's not quite as advertsed but I still gave em my deposit.

I forgot my tape measure but I'd guess it's 5' tall, only 4' wide and I dont think it's a full three feet deep, maybe 30". I kinda put this in the good news catagory because that means it will fit thru most doorways and it's probably lighter too.

I'm not a weak guy and I cant even budge lifting one side up. I'm going to estimate it at 800lbs myself.

The brand name is Diebold made in Canton Ohio, I couldn't tell you what year it was made.
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:20 pm

Diebold is an excellent company. That should be a great safe!

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Chatter