>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Steel Gun Cabinet

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Steel Gun Cabinet

Postby guncabinet » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:20 am

guncabinet

Postby beltbuckle » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:32 am

Do you have a website or anything?

I havent figured out if your giving random safe information or whether you make or sell them or what.

Any or all the above is fine, I'm just curious is all.
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:43 pm

His profile lists this web address:

https://www.premierguncabinet.com/

You need to select the "Enlarge" photo option to see the safe interior. I'd like to see some additional information on the sturdiness of the locking system too. If the door is something that can be breached with a crow bar, it's inadequate IMO.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:56 pm

I actually saw that, but the company on the website is out of Missourri and his profile says India.

Just adds to my confusion LOL
beltbuckle

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Anyone familiar with Stak-On gun safes?

I have ordered a "16 Gun" two door one form Cabelas.

I have got to get more storage and that one has the shelves etc to help. I did't research it first, and I know better. Just saw it and jumped on it. Hope it works out!
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:07 am

Yes, I've got the 10 Rifle model and I love it. I just wish I would've got one twice as big!! The 16 should be a real nice size though, of course depending on what you're going to stuff in it! I have found my safe to be very sturdy and solidly built. I opted for the electronic lock but I'm sure that any of the offered locking systems will be worthy adversaries!! They have an excellent locking system. The door itself is a solid 1/8th steel door with multiple one inch solid steel locking lugs that aren't going to let anyone breach it with anything less than a cutting torch and alot of time to accomplish it! For the money I'm very impressed with the quality of mine! You won't be disappointed IMO!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Thanks Tig,

Glad to talk to someone who actually know about that particular companies safes. Orded it last week and will bolt it to the wall and floor. There is a closet on the opisite side of the wall from where it will stand so no problems with showing the bolts in Mama's living room. House is on pier and beam so will have to drill the floor and use toggle bolts. I refuse to let those SOBs carry mine away.
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 am

I'm a proud new owner of an old safe. All this safe talk as of late got me looking.

I found one on craigs list for $400 from a local church.

It's 5' tall, 5' wide, and 3' deep. While it's not a technically a gun safe, it soon will be! I dont remember the brand name, but I hear it was a good one for it's day. It was made in Warren or Youngstown Ohio, who ever the company is.

Combination lock, External hinges (14 3/4" solid bars keep this baby closed), at least 1/8" all steel outter, and the inner is the same, who knows what it's insulated with (probably absestus).

weight 1200lbs Now I just gotta get it moved!!!
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:48 pm

Damn! You did get your hands on an original! If my memory serves me well there is a good history of safe building out of Ohio. You do have a job ahead of you moving a 1200 lb behemouth like that! I'm glad I live in Florida, lol!

tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:09 pm

I might actually pay someone to do this job. I hate doing that... LOL
beltbuckle

Next

Return to Off-Topic Chatter