>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Oakley Boots, or any other boots for that matter

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Postby lotsip81 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:48 pm

I tried some on the other day, however my Bates boots of similar make seemed much more comfortable to me. I guess thats why they make so many different kinds, to suit so many different tastes.

How are these Danner boots for durability?
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby bobwhite » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:54 pm

i usually get atleast a year of service out of a pair but in my trade i am very hard on them.
bobwhite

Postby beltbuckle » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 am

Here's the 6mo. review.

I'm still a fan. Using them near daily, these boots are still comfortable, provide great traction wet or dry and are flexible enough to run in comfortably. The soles are about half worn near the ball of my foot with the heal still in good shape. I imagine I will get another few months from these without major issues.

downers.... The sole is soft enough hard pointy rocky surfaces can be a little ruff on your feet.

In the last month or so 8 hours of walking on concrete will leave my feet fatigued at the end of the day. For the first 4 months with these this did not happen.

My left foot, I must have stepped on a nail or somthing because now after stepping in puddles and walking on hard surfaces the sole has that squishy sound. Annoying but my foot hasn't got wet because of it. (I doubt I can blame this on the boots.) On a positive note, they dry out quickly.
beltbuckle

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Chatter