>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Best State for gun owners :-D

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Best State for gun owners :-D

Postby smith6906 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:19 pm

so i just wanted to share my views on a certain US State...........that rocks..........this state is not arizona, its not texas.......nor NH...........but VERMONT!........ i went there today, i have my NH non resident CCW so i was CCing in NH on the way. somehow i passed into vermont without realising it and got pulled over :-o!!!!!!!

the officer asked if i had any weapons and reluctantly with a sigh i said "yeah.......in a shoulder rig under my jacket" expecting to be halued at gunpoint out of the car for not having a Vermont CC permit.

but instead he just said "okay".........i asked him if he wanted me to lock it up in the trunk and he replied "nope thats fine, no need"...........turns out............vermont has NO GUN LAWS! at all lol none............you can CC or OC in the state of vermont, resident or not! and there is no permit required :-p hahah amazing huh?

anyway just wanted to share :-D
smith6906

Postby smith6906 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:35 pm

No Permit at all, CC or OC?? I didn't think any State was like that! I thought Florida's Policy about having a Permit issued in 90 Days or they have to give you a Permit Automatically W/O a check was very liberal! I rec'd my Permit in 91 Days, so I have no idea if they checked me or not. But *Many Bad Guys must be heading for Vermont Daily!

Do you know their Rules on Purchasing a Weapon?

Damn, and in New England of all places! If it were warmer I would move there just to be able to OC! I hate CC in Hot weather, but hate the Cold even more.

One thing I never understood is when you purchase a Gun here, they have to Run your Record, plus you wait 5 Working Days W/O a Permit. Why does The FBI need to Check you with getting Permits? Anyone with a Computer can see anyone elses Record if you pay to do so.

Makes no sense.
smith6906

Postby smith6906 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:15 pm

nope no permit whatsoever, and you only have to be 18 to carry, they dont do a federal check, no waiting, just a state level check. and the gun-crime rate there is EXTREMELY LOW , they have VERY tough laws on gun crimes, like if you mug someone with a gun lets say, 5 years minimum plus a $10,000 fine! lol i guess noone commits gun crimes because everyone and their brother is packin.........you go to mug someone odds are your gonna die for it lol so they have a very low crime rate :-D
smith6906

Postby lotsip81 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:34 pm

I believe that Alaska has very similar gun laws to VT.....
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby agonist » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:21 pm

I think there are local ordinances though. That can be confusing.
agonist

Postby agonist » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:47 am

That is only IF anything is "Local" in Alaska! LOL You need your Food flown in!
agonist

Postby ShootSS » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Missouri is also a pretty good gun state. You can own anything you want (except a silencer), and there are no magazine limits. You can carry in your car without a license and I'm not sure but you can OC here as long as you don't enter where it is posted that firearms are not permitted (hospitals, banks, etc). Missouri recognizes the CC liscenses from some 40+ states.

Missouri DOES do the FBI thing for every gun purchase made at a retail dealer though. However, there are no such background checks done for private sales.
ShootSS

Postby SittingMooseShaman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:10 am

So true Vermont!

This is the way it is supposed to be.

There are no 'requirements' in the Constitution except for

being a citizen.

It is the "Police-State" mentality that first reared it's ugly, unconstitutional empty head here, back in the early days of electro-communication with the telegraph.

Ever since then, by varying degrees,the government has been trying to shag arms from the citizens- through the Justice Department as one huge result and governmental response to the War between the States.

ALL "laws" and "regulations" on citizens-at-arms are INVALID!!!

State,county,city and local. ALL INVALID, regardless the reasoning, lies and control-freakism.

The police chiefs (and I do support cops and first responders)

,DA's, mayors and governors may believe different, and some

for good reason- however,be that as it may, they had NO right or Constitutionally legal validity to pass and promulgate

ANY laws that contradict the citizens' RIGHT to keep AND BEAR--that means CARRY, Sherlock-- arms: Broadsword,battle-axe to Smithys' 50 cal. hand cannon!

The police are to respond TO the Citizen, not the citizen to

police-state practices.

Sorry all you politicians and big-shots out there in the

Great Wide Open...... time to negotiate with THE CITIZENS

who bear arms over this Constitutionally given issue.

Not the press or the police organizations(and I understand

cops face some hairy sh*t out there that didn't quite exist

exactly the same back in 1789).... The Law is still the Law.

WE are a FREE PEOPLE.

And I, for one, SHALL FIGHT with extreme prejudice--if needs be. To defend this freedom!

You ALL in the Justice department,Defence department,Judiciary and Government, from General to rookie have Sworn Oath, as required by the Constitution, to

protect and defend THE CONSTITUTION regardles of all the

balony in all these attorneys rhetoric of hot-aire.

IT IS THE LAW!!

NOW DEFEND OUR(MY) RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR(that means CARRY and you guys know that)ARMS-- You ALL

promised through The Oath by law, to do just that.

Now is the time to negotiate some common reasoning in this

matter with members of the armed citizen rather than some

boob from the media or those pretentious politicians who've

abandoned the Constitutions' direction.
SittingMooseShaman

Postby SittingMooseShaman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:39 pm

Well Said!
SittingMooseShaman

Return to Off-Topic Chatter