>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

This site is Crazy

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:51 pm

I use whatever ointment they had at the shop called ink fix. I was told you dont use anything that will heal it or draw the ink out.

Actually I've been poked, slapped, etc but it doesn't and hasn't hurt a bit since I've got it.

Oh btw, I just talked the gf into a Kimber Raptor II custom shop 4"! She put a down payment on it today. How do you like them apples.
beltbuckle

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Is that Kimber Raptor II for you or for her?!!?
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:59 pm

That all depends on your perspective! It's her's, for her but it'll be in my possesion. She'll play with it for awhile until she gets bored or wants somthing different. (she seems to get bored with the same gun after a year or so) I'll either buy it then or she'll gift it to me, or maybe she'll sell it outright; we've been thru this before.
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:58 pm

officially Sat. is the day of "carmageddon" as we have due'ly named it!

Unfortunately this is happening sooner than I'd like so I'm not going to have the time to build any good props. It saddens me but I'm sure that releasing some lead will cheer me up.

I'm still planning on seeing what the big boys will do to the engine block and some very unofficial caliber testing; firing threw doors and windows and such. after which I'll enjoy some quality time with the excavator for demolition!

Hopefully one of the chicka's will take plenty of pictures, that I will share a link to to some of ya!
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:10 pm

You said Saturday the 6th was to be "Carmeggedon"! What happened?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:29 pm

It was, and we did! It didn't go quite as originally planned (for testing purposes) but it was still quite fun.

I didn't see alot of interest so I haven't posted anything plus I'm still waiting to get the pictures from the event.

Once I get them I'll make a write up, or if you want instant gratification I can fill in some details.
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Absolutely!! Get on it man! What did you use and what impressed you the most?

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:59 am

Calibers used,

9mm

45acp

40S&W

5.56 XM193

7.62x39

300RUM

I think thats it for the calibers used.

Some things to note. Some of the 45's would dent the hood and richochet with no penetration. (the only caliber we could routinely see this)

Neither the 460 or the 300 made any huge chuncks break off the block although both penetrated it and the 300 goes thru.

Your not safe anywhere with the 300, it'll go in the grill and out the back!

XM193 is not the best round to use if someones hiding behind the vehicle. Not all the rounds would penetrate both sides although the 7.62 would. I think M855 would fair better however.

The van is full of holes, we used aroud 1k rounds in the matter of a couple hours! Currently the van is crushed by the excavator awaiting it to dry up a bit so I can trailer it out to the scrap yard.
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:51 am

Outstanding! I'm looking forward to those pictures.

tigwelder56

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Chatter