>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Today's scam, It's found Gundirectory

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Today's scam, It's found Gundirectory

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Dont fall for this pathetic attempt anyone! I recieved this via private message here.

My Dear,

It is my pleasure to contact you for a business venture which I intend to establish in your country. Though I have not met with you before but I believe one has to risk confidence to succeed sometimes in life.

There is this huge amount of Seven million Five Hundred Thousands U.S dollars (7.500.000.00 which my late Father kept with a Fiduciary Fund Holder in Abidjan before his death Now, I have decided to invest this money in your country or anywhere safe enough outside Africa for security

and political reasons.

I want you to assist me claim and retrieve this fund from the Fiduciary Fund Holders and transfer it into your personal account in your country for investment purposes on these areas: 1).Telecommunication 2). the transport industry 3). Five star hotel If you can be of any assistance to me I will be pleased to offer to you 20% of the total fund.

I await your soonest response here please at ellychid@yahoo.cn

Respectfully yours,

Ms. Ellen Scott
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:29 am

I received the identical message via the private message function here. I received a total of three messages (identical), and haven't seen any additional messages. The names used were "Honeybird" and "Ellachild". They have been suspended. If you see anything, please let us know.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby GOANRA » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:13 pm

That is an old lamer, there. The Internet Cafes in Nigeria are especially well known for these scams. Unfortunately, many are not as goofy as this one. There are some major league scammers out there.

My bank once emailed me, with a link to their site, to verify my password. WOW! It looked exactly like my bank's login site, but it wasn't.

Shortly after, my bank upgraded their security ... someone got rich on that one.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Return to Off-Topic Chatter