>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Funny little story

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Funny little story

Postby jdeangelis99 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:18 pm

I live in NJ and in a town that alot of people from hostile areas are moving 2. My town was a place with no crime and people slept with doors unlocked. Now we have gangs and shootings and its getting really bad! Well I was sleeping and was woken around 2am 2 screaming outside my window and realized it was my brother screaming without hesitation I ran out the door with my glock 22 tucked into my waste i saw a circle around my brother with people who I never seen but didn't look like they lived in my area and I am not being racist. Well my brother started screaming they broke into my car and was stealing things and he just ranoutside thinking it was one guy but ended up being about 6. I kept calm and told them just to leave that i wasn't going to call the cops just leave my stuff and go. The one guy who was 3 times the size of me started taking steps towards me and telling me how he was going to kill me. I drew down on him and told him to leave. I never saw people run so fast in my life. Nj isn't protected by the castle doct and if I did shoot them even if I had all 6 coming at me I would be in alot of trouble. The cops did come and with the help of k9 they found the guys. They went to court ratted each other out and now are still threatinig me and my brother. I am trained in Krav Maga and ended up getting jumped a few days ago but 3 guys and lucky I won without using weapons. I am really getting fed up with this. I am not scared I don't have the safest job in the world and find myself in danger alot but when I am home I just want to relax. Well thats my venting stay safe out there
jdeangelis99

Postby neverenough » Fri May 14, 2010 12:21 pm

hey, jdeangelis99....Things have gotten pretty pathetic when a person has to evaluate a potentially deadly situation based on legal ramifications.

In your encounter, outnumbered, in the dark and suddenly awakened, you had plenty running through your mind. The everpresent added thought of "this will be MY ass, if I have to unload on the bastards", just isn't right.

In a situation as you have described, the legal worry can create just enough hesitation to cost you and your brother your lives. Sounds as though you had some luck on your side that night. The punk-assed bastards could just as easily been carrying an assortment of stolen guns.

Glad you and your brother walked away intact....without the Glock....can you imagine! Nicely done though.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the pack of punks cried to the LEO's that you brandished a weapon....waaa, we want to file felony menacing charges....waaa.

Allrighty, that is said.

neverenough
....If you happen to find dog poop on your boot, DO NOT kick the dog....think it through for a moment.....
neverenough

Postby GOANRA » Fri May 14, 2010 3:08 pm

jdean, glad you can see some humor in what could have been a bad situation gone south.

I've heard the 'brandishing' complaint on many calls... , but LEOs are human and sometimes don't hear so well.. or even care about 'certain' things.

How do you tell if a BG is lying?

His lips are moving! LOL

Shooting an unarmed person(s) will always be problematic; even if necessary. I've known a couple who've done it, but it cost them $20,000+ in attorney fees to stay out of prison.

This is an excellent example of having an intermediate weapon with you, like pepperspray. [actually the 'stream' is far superior to the spray].

There are many useless pepper products out there. Send me a message if you need the brand of a good one. I've used them on duty hundreds of times when lethal force was a bit much. Most States allow it, but may limit ounces, require training, etc.

Not to replace having sidearm handy though.

Too bad NJ chooses to be one of the "Victim-States".
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby jdeangelis99 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Yeah I hear ya nj u can't use pepper spray a couple bounty hunters just got arrested for it. Ionly had my secondary gun because I didn't know what I was going out 2 as we speak we just had a robery at gunpoint in town. Its like in war we can't shoot un armed people hopefully the gun in his face will put the fear not to dothat again.
jdeangelis99

Postby ajsaloon » Sat May 15, 2010 8:52 am

I recieved a news letter a few months ago saying to carry Raid (wasp killer) in your car. It sprays up to 20 feet and hurts like a mother. They have to go to the hospital and get the antidote, but beats getting the trash kicked out of you.
ajsaloon

Postby GOANRA » Sat May 15, 2010 2:09 pm

If I were a criminal, I'd move to NJ where the laws would protect me from my victims.

Chicago might even be a better option... it seems their laws are legislated by the inmates at the State Pen. Statistically, they are the 2nd safest City in the U.S. to commit violent crimes. They are trying to become number one.

Here in Podunk, if I tried to do a stick-up; I'd be Tasered, Hosed & Shot by the patrons and employees of the place before I properly introduced myself & my intentions.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
GOANRA

Postby jdeangelis99 » Sat May 15, 2010 7:49 pm

you would be amazed how many shootings we have in a 40 mile distance from my house atleast 10 a day
jdeangelis99

Postby GOANRA » Sun May 16, 2010 1:25 pm

I would not be amazed as I was born & raised in Detroit when it was the "Murder-Capital-of-the-World" [not just the U.S.].

The State had much Gun-Control for the law-abiding citizens, but it didn't slow the daily shootings and ongoing killing. [??]

Since 1926, it has been illegal for criminals to possess a firearm.

Gun-Control legislation since then, only applies to the law-abiding.

At present, Illinois is trying to outlaw ALL semiauto manufacturing/sales. A NJ Sen is currently attacking CC rights in GA. Idiots.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
GOANRA

Return to Off-Topic Chatter