>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

NASCAR - PRO SPORTS - Show some respect!

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

NASCAR - PRO SPORTS - Show some respect!

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat May 22, 2010 7:32 pm

I just turned on a race this evening and was yet again disappointed by the crowd. I don't understand why people don't show the proper respect for the American (USA) National Anthem when it's performed. I was taught at a very young age that when the Pledge of Allegiance or the National Anthem is performed, you ALWAYS place your right hand over your heart, hold your cap over your heart or if in uniform, you salute the flag. Why aren't people being told (or remember) that this is appropriate? I feel the announcers at these events should remind people to do so when they are performed. It should truly be automatic. It's the right thing to do. What say you???
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby keyman » Sun May 23, 2010 1:22 pm

My sentiments exactly, tig. I have followed NASCAR pretty close this past year and that's one of the first things that I noticed.

In my opinion, it is very disrespctful, and it reminds me of those pictures of Obama that you see him standing there with his hands folded at his crotch while the others on the stage are saluting or holding their hands over their hearts.

I think that the announcer asks them to remove theit hats, but to no avail.
keyman

Postby agonist » Sun May 30, 2010 11:15 am

When the NASCAR crowd becomes apathetic and un-American it is truly a sign of the decline of the USA.
agonist

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:07 pm

United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

I betcha didn't know it's actually a requirement that is paid little attention to. Sad.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby St8Shooter » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:26 am

FYI a new Army alaract is that active or retired army not in uniform may salute. Prior to this an active or former soldier not in uniform was not supposed to salute.

I'm sad that at a NASCAR race this did not happen. I never noticed at all the races I have attended anyone not doing the right thing. sad...

Must be fans for Kyle or Kurt Busch!!
St8Shooter

Return to Off-Topic Chatter