>
Board Index Miscellany Local Activity

GUN SHOW!!

Discuss local gatherings, range days, clubs, gun shows, and other social get-togethers

GUN SHOW!!

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 am

Would you please post the information, dates and location, of any and all gun shows in your area? It's important that we get the word out to everyone at the grassroot level, that we need to support our area shop owners and small businesses.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby eagleye2009 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:24 pm

ATTENTION GUN & OUTDOORS ENTHUSIASTS!!!! Winnsboro Area Chamber of Comerce is hosting the 2009 Greater Northeast Texas Gun Show & Outdoors Expo September 12-13!! NOW ACCEPTING EXHIBITOR REGISTRATION!!! For more info Visit www.gntxgoshow.com (click on front page) or email gntxgoshow@gmail.com. or call 903-342-3667 See ya there!!
eagleye2009

Postby eagleye2009 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 pm

"Member Needs Advice: Wife says NO guns..."

Being we are using this area for General Comments, And I cannot start a New Topic, I am trying it this way. I rec'd this Guide Today from another Organization. I will print it in parts, so people that are interested will read it W/O becomming overwhelmed. If not interested, please let me know so I don't continue. It's a Lot of Editing, so if not interested please let me know. I didn't write it, but I must remove all pictures that are encoded. It concerns Survival in the event of a Catastrophe for You and Your Family.

Thank's, Bill
eagleye2009

Postby eagleye2009 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:09 pm

PART 1

Finally Revealed: Urban Survival Secrets For Surviving Terrorist Attacks, Natural Disasters And Pandemics!

In The Real World, Most People Don't Have A

Fully Stocked Retreat They Can Escape To.

Even If You've Planned Ahead And You Do,

There's No Guarantee That You'll Leave In Time

Or That You'll Be Able To Make It There.

Your First Plan Must Be To Survive In Place.

Here's what's happening: With the threats of terrorist attack, natural disaster, economic collapse, or a pandemic, you need to have a survival plan in place quickly that is inexpensive and doesn't depend on relocating or you being around as a leader.

We're living in crazy times and...

The Unprepared

May Not Make It.

Honestly, I don't know who's in worse shape, people in denial, or preppers who have lots of supplies and training, but their plan is just floating around in their head and isn't based on reality.

But here's the thing. Six months ago, I had lots of training and supplies but a crappy plan in my head that had no chance of working in the real world. I worried EVERY TIME I went out of town that "it" would happen when I wasn't at home to protect my family. I found out that I wasn't alone. As I talked to other people about their plans, they ALL depend on everyone being home when "it" happens. They depend on perfect timing, easy travel, and just don't have a chance of working in a real disaster.

Most Survival Plans Are A Joke.

There are a TON of survival books, websites, and "experts" out there that have terrific information, but people make the mistake of thinking that reading a book means you've got a workable plan. In addition, all of them miss one of the seven key factors for helping you create the perfect survival plan.

The Perfect Survival Plan should be....

Cheap...Survival is NOT a luxury reserved for the rich.

Fast To Start Putting Into Place Without a Ton Of Required Training/Classes/Supplies.

Compatible with Your Current Living Situation.

Easily Usable By Your Family If You Can't Lead Them.

Adaptable In Case You Miss Your Window To Relocate

Sustainable If The Emergency Is Long Term

Reversible If You Jump The Gun.

Written Down, So You Aren't Relying On Memory When You're Operating Under Stress and Without Sleep.

Does this sound right to you?

How is your current survival plan stacking up?

You're 1,000 miles away on a business trip when "it" happens.

Your kids are on a school trip when it's time to bug out.

Traveling by car is not an option.

One of your family is injured and can't travel.

You have a baby or have to take care of an elderly parent when "it" happens.

The emergency build-up is gradual and there's no clear signal.

This is one of the ugly realities of our situation today...

Most families won't leave urban areas in time because

they can't afford leaving early and being wrong.

Why? Because it means abandoning your house, friends, job, and sometimes even family.

If you leave and you are too early, can you get your job back?

(Be thankful you didn't bug-out in April 2009 for the Flu "Pandemic")

If you leave too early & can't pay your mortgage, will your bank understand?

If you leave too early, can't you hear the laughter of your friends when you come back 1, 2, or 3 months later?

But if you try to leave too late, you may have to travel light or not be able to travel at all:

Traffic Jams Might Force You To Survive

In An Urban Area...If You're Smart Enough

Not To Get Caught In One.

What If Small Towns Don't Let You In

Or Even Drive Through In A Disaster?

What's The Fast, Simple, Low Price Cure?

What I learned is how simple it is to fix even the worst of plans, or create one from scratch. Out of necessity, I got in touch with my military, SERE, LEO, "private contractor", and Pentagon friends, as well as a geneticist and a bio-weapons expert to pick their brains about their survival plans and to get help fixing mine.

Who Are These Experts?

Most of them (over 30) don't want their names revealed. They don't want to make their family a target for thieves or looters, and they don't want their "hard core" experiences and views judged in the court of public opinion. Out of respect, I won't reveal their names here, but I can reveal some of their bios:

* One of the first private security contractors flown into New Orleans after Katrina to restore order.

* A bio-weapons student of Kanatjan Alibekov, former head of the Soviet Bio-Weapons Program.

* Numerous "Snake Eaters" from the US Army Special Forces, including one who is an internationally known SWAT instructor, an FBI tactical firearms instructor, AND an advisory to Killogy Research Group.

* One of the US's top interrogators, who's experience included a tour in war-torn Bosnia worthy of a movie.

* A Jason Bourne-esque private military contractor who specializes in intelligence and splits his time between ops in the Middle East and the US.

* One of the nations top CERT (Civilian Emergency Response Team) trainers who specializes in industrial incidents and rail security.

* A nationally known Krav Maga instructor who focuses on situational awareness and stress innoculation.

* Former US Navy SEAL, who was on the backup team for Operation Eagle Claw, otherwise known as the Iran Hostage Rescue Mission.

* "Bodyguard To The Stars" who was stuck in New Orleans after Katrina. You'll be amazed at what he saw and how he made it out.

* One of the world's leading experts on Urban Escape and Evasion. When Delta and the SEALS need training, he's the guy they go to after they complete SERE.

* and many more...

PART 2 Tomorrow if interested. It's a lot of Editing work, so please let me know. I am trying to take it slow.

Thank's, Bill
eagleye2009

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Thanks Bill, I'm interested in hearing the rest. It'll be a good topic for discussion after we've all had a chance to read it. You can start a new topic can't you? I'd be glad to if necessary. I think a new subject title that pertained to the subject would gather more attention. Something like "Urban Survival WTSHTF"!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi Tig,

No, I kept getting an Error Code, (I noted it to AF) and it would not Post when I tried 4X. That was why I finally placed it under "Reply" instead of "New Topic". Feel free if you can to change the Post name! I hope the Article pans out OK. I am not a Member, they want $50 Bucks a Year, but I explained to the Guy I was unable to afford it but he keeps sending me their stuff anyway. (Nice Guy so far!) It's a 12 Part Series. I mainly asked if people were interested because they have a load of useless Pictures, And I have to Delete all the Coding when I copy the Info.

Thank's, Bill

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:02 pm

If you're copying copyrighted material you need to credit the material to the author or organization following the article. Otherwise they may get their panties in a knot! Either way, they can demand removal of the information! You may end up seeing all of your hard work go out the window. Can you save yourself some time and provide links to the same information? It's worth a try. Thanks!

Tig

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi Tig,

Sure! It comes from "usconcealedcarry.com" It's a good Site, but there are some things I am unable to get being I am not a member.

Bill

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:27 pm

*PART - 2 of "Survival" Series by US Concealed Carry Assn.

is now under "Survival Series" -

http://www.gundirectory.com/forumThread ... ID=1002890

tigwelder56

Postby Ezcal » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:54 pm

I'm quite happy to say there's a monthly gun and knife show here at the Portland EXPO Center...

Link to the main website: www.collectorswest.com

Hope this helps :)
Ezcal

Next

Return to Local Activity