>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

Concealed Carry in Illinois?

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

Concealed Carry in Illinois?

Postby paczki10 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:16 am

Hi, I am a new handgun owner and member to this site.I want to know what organizations I can join to learn more about what I have to do to have my voice heard about concealed carry in Illinois. Thanks.
paczki10

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:25 pm

Hi Pac, sorry it took so long for you to get a response. It's usually not so slow going! You're going to find a ton of information from the NRA, GOA and any local shooting organizations. Illinois has some strict firearm laws and unlike many states Illinois has varying laws from county to county. That makes even transporting a gun through different area's risky. The NRA has several webpages (articles and legal info) that deal specifically with your question. Go to www.nra.org and go from the index. They have tons of great stuff. While you're there you can help support the cause to protect the Second Amendment by joining. A membership really helps to support the right to keep and bear arms.

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby MartyG » Wed May 30, 2007 6:24 am

PAC, as a former Illinois resident now living in KS, I feel bad for my old home state. I have been VERY impressed with the effort Front Site (www.frontsite.com) is doing. I want to take their classes, and spend (literally) THOUSANDS on a membership. I got their DVD, and I'm "moved." Check them out!
MartyG

Return to Legal & Political