>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

Gun friendly President

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

Postby hitttommy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:07 am

I agree with you 100%.
hitttommy

Postby junegun » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:50 pm

Personally I don't intend to vote Republican or Democrat in the Presidential election. I have never seen a duller group of puppets.. candidates from either party. Both parties are owned by the corporate interests in the country. If dissatisfaction with both parties is so high, why aren't third parties candidates being being given air time?We should not be forced into voting for either because you have to vote for "somebody".
junegun

Postby agonist » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:24 am

Right there with ya'. I had a conversation with somebody on here who thought the discusion of politics wasn't a good idea because it causes too much argument. I disagreed and said that you should discuss it at every oportunity to get viewpoints like yours (and mine) out there and wake people up to the fact that they don't have to vote for "major party" candidates. I refuse to affiliate with either party and so should everyone else. If people stopped affiliating with the major parties they would be forced to gather petition signatures to be allowed to run. By registering with a major party you automatically are signing your name to the petition for candidacy of whoever they decide to run.
agonist

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:46 pm

There are a lot of forums that won't let you post topics regarding politics. It can be a hot bed but I'm glad that we've got the liberty to discuss it. I'm with you on the lousy candidates we've got among the two "major" parties. I've never seen a larger group of meely mouthed mfer's in my life. I have yet to hear any of them address the issues that many of us are interested in. Namely 2nd Amendment positions, their plan for future legislation, if any or will they leave it alone. Everyone of them are more concerned that they're saying what their "Party" wants them to say. I'm for getting rid of that electoral college too. I'm totally dumbfounded over the popularity of Hillary. How can that be? Peoples memories are so damn short. If any of us or our company pulled the shit that she and slick Willy did, we'd still have another 60 years left on our sentences. It's too bad that the people that vote for her won't be subjected to her decisions and the rest of us fall under our choice of leaders. Dual Presidency, what a concept! I guess that's what started the Civil War...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby shawn » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:19 pm

It is true of the "meely mouths" if you only look at who the media has chosen as the front runners. Look up the things Ron Paul has said about the second amendment.

Let us not forget that the lesser of two evils is still evil and that any vote that sits well in your concience is not "wasted". I do not HAVE to chose between a hillary and a rudy, I will not limit my choices based on who the press say has a chance. If we let them dictate our choices we have no voice, no power.

Ron Paul may be the only canadate who truly understand the 2nd amandment and supports it for its original intent.

I am not trying to convince or persuade anyone here to vote for the guy I think is best, but I do hope that people will look up this stuff themselves and get more informed.
shawn

Postby jdeangelis99 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:13 pm

I don't know who I will vote for by Guliani Changed his views of guns and is for the 2nd amendment. He is really taking alot of heat for changing his view also
jdeangelis99

Postby shawn » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:45 pm

usaually you can tell how people will act in the future by how they have acted in the past. I am not into anyone who changes their views for political expediancy, it just means they can change them back if it profits them to do so. I want someone who understands that the constituation is the highest law of the land, that it is a contract between the government and the people. The second amendment is not mainly for hunters, it is not primarily for self defense, it is there because our founders where revelutionarys and they knew that the only way to safeguard liberty was for the people to be armed. Wherever people have been disamed tyranny and genocide have followed.

"democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on whats for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." -Ben Franklin
shawn

Postby louismacote » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:27 pm

Mark my words: if Guliani or Romney get into office, the 94 semi auto infringment gun laws will be back. Both Dr. Paul, and Mike Huckabee are avid gun owner supporters.
louismacote

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:09 am

You have to support the candidate that has a chance with the Electoral College. The vote of the actual citizen doesn't mean squat in today's Presidential election.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Previous

Return to Legal & Political