>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

Brady Campaign Sues USA over CCW in Natl. Parks

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

Brady Campaign Sues USA over CCW in Natl. Parks

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:46 pm

The following article was published today by the Associated Press. It is a flaming example of the complete disregard people like the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence has toward honest, law abiding US citizens. Once you read this article, you'll realize that in no section of the article did they mention their consideration for law abiding Americans. As far as they're concerned we're all dangerous people that indicates that we should be avoided at all costs. Fuck them! This is exactly why we have to beat them before they convince all the people caught in the middle ground that their point is valid. Of course it isn't, never has, never will be. All they're accomplishing is polluting the minds of people that haven't been introduced to our sport, our sensible beliefs and understanding of the situation (if you will). It's simply shocking to believe that people like them have actually learned to walk on two feet. KMA Sarah, KMA...

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence sued the Bush administration Tuesday in hopes of stopping a new policy that would allow people to carry concealed, loaded guns in most national parks and wildlife refuges.

"The Bush administration's last-minute gift to the gun lobby, allowing concealed semiautomatic weapons in national parks, jeopardizes the safety of park visitors in violation of federal law," said Paul Helmke, the group's president. "We should not be making it easier for dangerous people to carry concealed firearms in our parks."

An Interior Department spokeswoman refused to comment on the lawsuit, saying the department does not discuss pending litigation.

The Brady Campaign sued the Interior Department and its secretary, Dirk Kempthorne, as well as the leaders of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the National Park Service in U.S. District Court. They want a federal judge to issue an immediate injunction stopping the elimination of the 25-year-old federal rule that severely restricts loaded guns in national parks.

The Interior Department rule overturns a Reagan-era regulation that has restricted loaded guns in parks and wildlife refuges. The previous regulation required that firearms be unloaded and placed somewhere that is not easily accessible, such as in a car trunk.

But under a rule to take effect in January, visitors will be able to carry a loaded gun into a park or wildlife refuge - but only if the person has a permit for a concealed weapon and if the state where the park or refuge is located also allows concealed firearms.

The rules change would take effect before President-elect Barack Obama takes office in January. Overturning the rule would take months or even years if the Obama administration wanted to, since it would require the new administration to restart the lengthy rule-making process.

The lawsuit said members of the Brady Campaign will no longer visit national parks and refuges "out of fear for their personal safety from those who will now be permitted to carry loaded and concealed weapons in such areas."

By JESSE J. HOLLAND

sponsored links

Voice Your Opinion - Take today's My Way Poll, featuring a new topic daily.

http://poll.myway.com
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby TheBonecrusher » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:50 am

QUOTE: "The lawsuit said members of the Brady Campaign will no longer visit national parks and refuges "out of fear for their personal safety from those who will now be permitted to carry loaded and concealed weapons in such areas."

I have no fear of the person lawfully carrying a concealed handgun. It's the thug in the park or wherever that has his gun 'cause he stole it from a registered owner during a breakin that I fear! Why can't they SEE this too?

Man Tig, this site has me fired up! Did I keep this reply clean 'nuff?

Thanks for keeping my blood circulating!
TheBonecrusher

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:22 am

Exactly Brother! It's un-friggin believeable that these liberal brain dead idiots are in charge of our country. It's crap like this that should really turn the light on in the brains of people that don't know better. Why do they listen to bogus shit like this? Especially when they present it with such idiocy!

I would also like to thank you for keeping it kewl.....
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Legal & Political