>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

Concealed carry by mother

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

Concealed carry by mother

Postby bigfish454 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:16 pm

My father has a concealed permit but when him and my mother go on vacation my mother carries it from the parking lot of a hotel to the hotel room with the gun loaded (mother has no permit) my father seems to think my mother would not get arrested. I know the answer to this question (jail time) I'm asking this to prove to my father that my mother would more then likely get in some sort of trouble please give me some feedback. Thanks
bigfish454

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:12 pm

As a fellow Floridian, I can answer that question for you easily. There are four options for Mom and Dad. That is, Dad carries the firearm loaded and concealed to the room, the second is, Dad unloads it and conceals it or puts it in a sealed container and takes it into the room. Mom's only choice (without a CCW) is to unload the pistol and put it in a sealed container while transfering it from vehicle to hotel room.

I would try and convince Mom to obtain her CCW! It makes things much easier. There is one thing I failed to recommend. They could unload the pistol and secure it in a portable, lockable gun safe in the car or truck, preferably with a vehicle intruder alarm. That makes five!!

This is based on their Florida citizenship and staying inside of the Florida borders. Outside of Florida, they would have to check with local regulations ahead of time.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby bigfish454 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:33 am

Thanks tig56 my father thinks that they would probably just get a slap on the wrist because of there age, maybe maybe not this is mostly when their traveling to Tennessee. no punt intended towards my father.
bigfish454

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Your Dad's CCW license is recognized by Alabama, Georgia and Tennesse, so he's legal in all those states as long as HE carries it concealed on his person. What I'm not sure of is their laws on transportation in a vehicle. Some states require them to be unloaded and stored in a locked container, some can be loaded and in a closed container, which includes a snapped holster. He needs to contact law enforcement in each state he drives through and find out their laws. As far as Mom is concerned, I think if the gun was unloaded and in a closed container, she would be fine simply carrying it from the car into the house. Common sense usually works in these situations but there are some states that are total nightmares when it comes to firearm laws. It doesn't matter what the age of the individual is, many states have mandatory sentences when ANY law is broken. The LEO has no choice but to arrest the person violating the law or ordinance. Since it's a mandatory sentence, Mom could end up in jail for 5 to 10! I don't think anyone wants to see her in that position. Remind Dad that it's not the way it used to be when things were handled logically. Now they've got too many rabid anti gun liberals who would love to lock up Mom and use her as an example. Those assholes don't care who they lock up as long as they can add to their warped statistics.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby bigfish454 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:57 am

Tig your a dictionary of info, I think I'll start calling you Tigctionary HA HA, I think you are so wright about common sense and gun liberals along with things aren't the way they used to be, in more ways then one. I remember when you could go to the woods in Oldsmar FL. and shoot your guns but due to ignorant ass holes shooting insulators off the power lines it f_ _ _ s it up for all of us even F.W.C, sheriffs, hunters and just the people who like to go 4x4ing and so on. Well you know all this its just this shit gets me GOING. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS SO CALLED FREE WORLD, never mind I need to go smoke a cigarette and calm down, My father will find this very interesting as he did the last statement you sent. Thanks again
bigfish454

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:02 am

NC regonises a permit from Florida. But NC does not regonise an unloaded firearm. Here a gun is a gun, loaded or not it is the same. You can, however, carry it in the open WITHOUT a permit any where you can carry it concealed with a permit. (showing every would be thief where it is when you have to leave it in the room when you go to dinner BC you cannot carry where they serve alchol, yes Pizza Hut is out) Good news is that the first time you brake the CCH (not CCW in NC) it is a class 2 misdomeaner and only a second time makes it a feloney. Go figure. You can shoot THROUGH the door, but once they come in you cannot shoot them UNLESS.... (I swair that is an actual statude I will send a link to you, Tig, if you want to read it)

Carring a weapon in another state is a big responsibility. Allways remember, there deadly force laws are most likely not the same as yours.
NCCCCWteacher

Postby bigfish454 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:51 am

Ya I new about the NC law and I know how, no matter where you go you have to be up on the laws at all times other wise you could get in some sort of trouble. Its like the FWC in FL you really have to monitor the hunting and fishing laws closely. Thanks for your info.
bigfish454

Postby bigfish454 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:57 am

Is there such a thing as a Federal CCW for all 48? (Or 50) Can you & is it hard to get? What about Possessions, IE: PR, USVI etc?
bigfish454

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:58 pm

NO! That's something we don't want under any circumstances. The reason being, it would be tantamount to national gun registration. The anti gunners in Washington would love to pass legislation like that! Then they'd have the name of every concealed carrier in the country on one easy to find list.

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:35 pm

As Guilda Radner used to say, "Nevermind"! I never thought of it that way. Just a way to be Legal no matter where you go.

tigwelder56

Next

Return to Legal & Political