>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

BATFE is at it again!! Please read...

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:00 pm

Don't give them any ideas Bill, lol!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Even GWB could have thought of that one Tig!! LOL To be safer, never Buy any US Weapons. Other Countries may object to that practice! (Or change your Barrel!)

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Or you can go out and buy used. No paperwork required in OH for a face to face private sale.

Allthough none of this really matters if they do a door to door anyway. If that were to happen us gun owners would be limited to only a few choices.

1. hand em over

2. hide em, and hope they dont find em.

3. Go down fighting (my fav. but probably not what I'd do in real life)

4. Give up some and have others hidden. (my plan)

5. RUN AWAY, and hide
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:32 pm

Or have a Civil War! This time we would not be fighting for the Blacks though!
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:37 pm

What I really expect in the coming years is that they will find a way to regulate ammunition. This IMO would be the only effective means of gun control and cannot be allowed to happen.

In the big sceme of things there are too many guns already in circulation here to effectively ban, confiscate, or destroy. I think that many Americans if faced with that sort of tyrany would find a way to make their guns temporarily disapear. Others would give right in, some might even be happy with it (fuck those guys), and yet others I'm sure would feel indifferent.(the shrug your shoulders and say ok whatever crowd)
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:24 pm

They're doing a pretty good job of regulating ammunition now! At least from a production and distribution angle. Seems like all they have to do is start a rumor and let the panic spread.

We the People shoot ourselves in the foot by decimating the inventories of our own ammunition suppliers. I'm certain that Big Brother realizes what they accomplished without even trying and are sharing a big laugh among themselves (at our expense by the way).

I don't know if it would be a long term solution, probably not, but loading your own needs to be encouraged more often. More attention needs to be paid on the subject in the gun magazines, gun shows and our local shops. As I said, it wouldn't be a long term solution but if we all had loading equipment and an untraceable means of ammunition production, it would strengthen the pro gun community and subvert the plans of our wanna-be ruling class.

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:38 am

This may be off topic, but I was not allowed to place Guns in my Safety Deposit Box! That's why I wanted the largest one!

I don't know if it's a Law, or just a Bank or Employee decision, but I stupidly mentioned why I was getting such a large box.

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:06 pm

I believed that it was a Federal offense to carry any gun into a bank but have discovered that it varies from state to state. Businesses are also allowed to post notices barring guns from their property. Although this practice is frowned upon by all pro gun organizations. It opens them up to law suits if someone is hurt on their property and it may have been prevented had that rule not been enforced.

Edited

tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:43 pm

I'm almost certain that has to vary state to state. I'm 99% certain I could CCW in a bank in OH if it does not have the sign.
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:25 pm

I googled it several different ways and you're right BB, it's a state thing. But businesses are permitted to post no firearms notices and many banks do so. The banks I've visited here have all banned firearms from their premises. I'm going to find out why mine has a federal reg posted next time I go in!

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Legal & Political