>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

BATFE is at it again!! Please read...

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

BATFE is at it again!! Please read...

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:17 pm

It appears that BATFE is actually compiling a national gun

registration database. Not only that, foreign governments and

police agencies now have access to this information.

We recently received a document from an individual who has done a

great deal of investigation into the computerization of BATFE

records. We recommend that you immediately read our open letter of

inquiry to the BATFE Acting Director, and draw your own

conclusions. Read here -

http://www.jpfo.org/articles-assd/melso ... letter.htm

Please share this alert and open letter with other gun owners.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:43 pm

All I can do is just shake my head in shame about this sorta stuff.....

This kind of thing is exactly why I prefer buying used guns over new. i.e. no paper work.
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:34 am

Would that National Database include National CCW's?
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:51 pm

If they're including every other local and federal record they have on file, I would assume that would be one of the first they included. Why wouldn't they? Do you think they'll stop halfway? I don't...

Just to remind you, there is no national CCW database. All CCW records/licenses are maintained at the state level currently. That's why we don't have a national CCW license. That would be the beginning of a national registration program which is something we absolutely do not want.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:16 pm

What I meant is if If all Records are included, then shouldn't they issue National Permits? If they have all the CCW Records anyway, why not? Maybe I am missing something here? I know Cops can pull it up at a Traffic Stop to see if you have a CCW. Long Story, but they even knew what type of Ammo I was using, and that was one time long ago!

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:05 pm

I'm not sure that they do have immediate confirmation that you have a CCW. Do we have any LEO's that can confirm this one way or another? I do know that a buddy of mine that was a LEO (years back) was stopped and once they ran his ID the officer asked if he was armed. Could've been because he was an off duty cop. Hell, he might not have even had a CCW! My friend asked if he was being stopped for a firearm offense. The answer was no and he told the LEO that it was a confidential issue then. I don't know if I'd try that myself but Jeff said the officer accepted his reply and ticketed him for a driving infraction and let him go. I know they recommend you tell an officer that you have a firearm on you or in the car. It minimizes your chances of being shot! But the laws are written to provide licensed law abiding citizens the right under the 2A to carry a concealed weapon. You are warned that even an inadvertent exposure of your concealed firearm will cost you BIG in penalties and even jail time. If I'm asked by an LEO if I'm armed and he has just cause to do so, I'll tell him. But I'm not going to volunteer any information otherwise.

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:30 am

BB,

I know it's not normal, but they Actually did being one of the Cops on the "Local" Town Force lived in my Bldg. and we discussed it as we both Carried PPK's at the time. (His was a Backup) But he actually entered the info into their Computer that I carried Hydrashocks, which nobody Carried back then and they considered them very deadly. They have a "Barney Fife" type of Computer, and Force! I knew I was going to have to explain that one! It is odd!

Tig, I got pulled over once, and when he ran my License he came back to the car and asked if I had a weapon on me cause he saw I had a CCW. There was just a local Murder, but I didn't have it on me at the time. He was just covering his ass and hoping to catch the Killer! So I guess it's tagged onto DMV Records?? (Palm Beach Cty. Knows everything about everyone anyway!)

tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:38 am

I swear I posted a reply, but I must not have hit submit. eh, ohwell.

Tig, to answer your question anyones CCW is attached to your/their ID. Say if a LEO runs your license not only does he find out if you have active warrents, restrictions, or whatever else some might have done, he also knows if you DO have a CCW. Wether you need to tell him if you have it/carrying or not varies state to state.
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm surprised actually! Seems to me that having a list of CCW carriers is the first step in the establishment of a national gun registry. Find the owner, find the gun. They have a lengthy list of firearm owners and a great place to start the proverbial confiscations. Bummer...

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:42 pm

You know that "Test Shot Casing" you get when you purchase a Gun? I would Bet *2 Shots are fired, 1 goes to some Database for comparisons somewhere in DC as well!

tigwelder56

Next

Return to Legal & Political