>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

BATFE is at it again!! Please read...

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:14 pm

I dont understand why it would be a federal crime either. Aren't most banks privatly owned? Federally insured of course but still a private company.

You had me worried there for a minute Tig. I thought I may have accidently done something I shouldn't have where I shouldn't have done it.
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:24 pm

I know what you mean! I read in that stuff today that they are privately owned but since they're Federally insured, they fall under the auspices of the Fed. That's why you always see FBI agents at every bank robbery. I'm going out on a limb here and say that any crime commited on/in a bank will bring about a Federal charge. If you happen to be packing, even if you don't use it, you're going to be charged for that as well. At least that's what I interpreted from the articles I read today.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:02 pm

They told me that Guns that were Antiques, and W/O Firing Pins would be allowed, after being inspected. But nothing workable. They were looking to see if I was placing a lot of Cash in it mainly, being my 2 CD's just expired and I placed the Money into my Checking till I figure what to do with it. But they don't insure Cash, or Live Guns if you get them in.

I don't know if they would do it if it came down to it, but they said that stuff inside Safety Boxes are insured just by your Word!?!?! Sounds like a Sales Pitch to me!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:11 pm

If I was determined to place my handguns in a safety deposit box, I would transport them in a closed bag, and when they put you in that secure, private room, put them in the box and have it secured. What they don't know, is something they don't know. It's a completely secure, private action. Now if you're talking about 20 or 30 guns, I'd be considering something else...

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:37 am

Tig,

But they would not be insurable if I just put them there. As I said, Cash or Live Guns are a No No.

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:04 pm

You're sweating the small stuff. If you're concerned about loss or damage to your guns or cash while they're safely hidden away in a "Bank Vault" you're living your life too paranoid! LOL! Relax...

tigwelder56

Previous

Return to Legal & Political