>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

gun carry permit laws

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

gun carry permit laws

Postby HenryLeverAction » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:57 am

Okay, so I was recently looking over the laws in Indiana (that is where I'm from) and it looks like (apart from maybe florida) we have the easiest gun laws around. Why doesn't every other state have such easy laws?

Now, you can get a permit to carry concealed or open at 18. but you can't buy a pistol or pistol ammunition until you are 21. (weird, but kinda cool at the same time). So, if you want a pistol at 18, have mom or pop purchase it and give it to you as a gift. If you have your permit you can carry at 18.

Indiana also honors every other state's permit to carry. I think it's time everyone moves to Indiana. If you live in Illinois or Wisconsin - I feel very sorry for you. :(

Also, I was looking over knife carrying (since I carry a ka-bar every day) and there is literally no restriction to the carrying of knives - minus school property and all that stuff. Very cool.
HenryLeverAction

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm not sure about legalizing CC for 18 year olds. The majority of kids that age still have a good bit of maturation to go through. Hell, there are many young people that age still in high school! I've been hoping for some changes in the age limit for driving motor vehicles. I've asked for the consideration to raise the driving age to 17 or 18. I don't want to see kids in high school packing guns because they can. It'll hold a huge amount of the "Cool Factor" with kids that age. I'm surprised that your state voted to allow children that age to carry concealed but still won't let them purchase one for three years. Does that make any sense to you?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby HenryLeverAction » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:01 am

It really doesn't make any sense. but then again... what laws do anymore?

I am positive you can get a permit to carry at 18. My friend becoming a State Trooper has carried since he was 19. I think it should be up to the parents decision whether or not adults at the age of 18 should be able to carry. I think it could get dangerous, but then again there are instances where an 18 year old could need a gun. I had to get my pistol out when there was someone in my home. What if they needed to?

I know what you mean about the driving laws. Many teenagers scare the crap out of me with their driving. I didn't get my license till I was 17 and I think that was the best thing for me. Now in Indiana after July 1st (I think) you have to be 16 and 1/2 to get your license. give it a few years... it'll be 18
HenryLeverAction

Return to Legal & Political