>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

The NRA and the Democrats? WTF???

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

The NRA and the Democrats? WTF???

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:48 pm

If you haven't left your cave today, you don't know about the issue that has developed with the NRA and Congress. It seems as though the NRA accepted a sweetheart deal with the Democrats. The "Disclose Act" which is an attack on our First Amendment rights is meant to limit free speech for specific groups in the USA. The NRA initially opposed the Act but when the Dumbocrats offered them an exemption from the bill. What people don't know is that this bill will effectively silence the voices of smaller organizations, like the GOA, Gun Owners of America and the NAGR, National Association for Gun Rights. I don't understand why the NRA decided to work a deal with the Anti Gunners in Congress to protect it's own ass, but throw the rest of the Gun Lobby under the bus.

I don't know about you, but this pisses me off. I'm a Life Member of the NRA and I'm furious and ashamed of their actions. I read LaPierre's comments on the NRA website and I wasn't at all impressed. This law could be voted on as early as tomorrow, so everyone needs to call the NRA and let them know you don't agree with their decision. You can call the NRA at (800) 392-VOTE (8683). I'm also a member of the GOA and the NAGR, which are smaller organizations that will be affected negatively by this bill. The NRA has to remember that freedom of speech is for everyone, not just large corporations looking for an easy way out. Shame on you NRA. I hope you do something to return my faith in you. Right now you're at the bottom of my Shit List.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby whitehood » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:42 am

Why should this surprise you? Remember Jim Zumbo? Thanks to Ted Nugent among others he's made a comeback and his contrition for his actions are significant. Then there was Bill Ruger's traitorious infamous letters and his dealing with Democratic politicians during the equally infamous gun ban. Unfortunately human nature is what it is. If you don't like it tell them. I will too.
whitehood

Postby Blackrifle » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:35 am

Looks like this crap was passed in the House today (submitted by Pelosi) and is on its way to the Senate now. Make sure you let your elected officials know what you expect.
Blackrifle

Return to Legal & Political