>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

The Declaration of Independence

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

The Declaration of Independence

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:13 pm

NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:21 am

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby JustBen » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Tig:

Thanks for posting this. You are a good man and a patriot. My 4th great grandfather fought in the revolution a few weeks after it started until the end of 1775. This stuff really interests me. I wish I was in a position to be in Washington to help fix this mess we are now in. I feel that one vote is not enough considering the situation we are in.

Ben
JustBen

Postby GOANRA » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Ben, you have a family history to make anyone proud!!

Tig posts a good one, as usual.

When I was studying Justice [private university] we were cautioned to use an '18th century' dictionary to realize the full meaning in the 'words' of the Declaration and the Constitution.

It certainly brings one to tears to do so.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:43 pm

That is an absoutely great story Ben. I wish I would get busier and do some background work on my ancestry. I can only imagine the admiration you must have for your Great Grandpa X4! That kind of knowledge really makes you proud of your heritage and I'm honored to meet the Grandson of a true Patriot! It just doesn't get any better than that. I'm sure if more people would research their ancestry they would discover some equally exciting stories like yours. It's high time Americans regained some pride and refuse to accept anything less than the liberties our Founding Fathers lived and died to provide us. We need to renew the pride that is America. When that happens, I believe our problems will start to correct themselves. But that correction needs to begin now!! The speed that the current administration is destroying this great country, should be an indicator of the speed that we need to act against their un-constitutional decisions and actions. "Live Free or Die"...

tigwelder56

Postby JustBen » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Goanra:

They spoke a different tongue back then for sure. I have a copy of my great uncles key note speach from the 75th anniversary of the begining of the revolution in Lexington Mass 4/19/1850. The real patriots day. He was the Governor at the time. Very hard to read but fascinating. He was actually with the then 16 year old kid named Johnathan that woke the minutemen with his fife early that morning when the red coats came into Lexington. Doing the math, he was 91 years old when with my Uncle at the speach. I believe the president of the US was with them also.

Really heart wrenching stuff to read and think about, especially in light of the fascist takeover of our beloved country.

Hang tough all.

Ben
JustBen

Return to Legal & Political