>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

What is a good concealed carry?

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

Postby keyman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:19 pm

Boy O boy . . . that KLCR is going to be a hand full. I'm wondering whether or not I want to look for any +P for my gun. It really packs a wallop with just 38 spl.

It looks like you will have a light weight gun, even when loaded. That is one of the real attraction factors with the LCR, only 15.56 oz loaded. I really like that.

My intent is to put several rounds down range until I'm comfortable with firing it, and to break it in a little bit, then it will spend all day on my hip. I'm not sure that I will stay with the High Noon holster that I bought for it. But, that's another story.
keyman

Postby GOANRA » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:28 pm

My favorite holsters are the Fobus type Paddle holsters.

They slide on/off without threading a belt, are near weightless, cover the trigger, rides high enough, and no thumb break required... and inexpensive.

If I have to go through a 'process' to tote my sidearm for a trip to the store or such, I'll end up 'not bothering' and leaving my sidearm home.

Not good, but I know me.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby keyman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Tonight I got to see one of the Galco form fitting holsters for the J frame guns. My LCR fitted in pretty good, but it didn't have the leather extension that keeps the gun from touching your body. Sooooo it looks like I will keep the High Noon and continue to help the LCR fit into it the way they intended for it to.

I've been on these holster merry-go-rounds before, and I found out that it can be costly, and still not have the holster that you really want.

I've tried the Fobus holsters on my Kimber Ultra Carry II, and it seemed to let the gun ride too far below my belt. My shirt was not long enough to keep it concealed.

My best luck so far is with the Don Hume holsters. I couldn't find one of them for my LCR, so High Noon it was.
keyman

Postby St8Shooter » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:06 am

Just ordered crossbreed's holster(OWB) for my kimber pro covert and FN 45. I'll let ya'll know what the results are for it after they come in. Especially since they are 4" and 4 1/2" full frame weapons...
St8Shooter

Postby JustBen » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Bought a Galco carry belt the other day and love it. Darn near $90, but thick and well made with solid brass screws instead of cheap snaps like the Don Hume belts. Hides my gun and extra magazines really well. Galco has some good stuff.
JustBen

Postby Doriadiver » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:49 pm

Like the DeSantis paddle holster myself for my Kimber Ultra Carry II. However when the Florida heat is too much for shirts that cover it, I go to an IWB for my PPK or an ankle holster (last resort) under my work clothes.
Doriadiver

Postby St8Shooter » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Ben I agree. Galco makes good belts. I use their belts also. Doesn't matter how nice the holster is with out a good belt to hold it solid to you..
St8Shooter

Postby JustBen » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:25 pm

St8Shooter:

Amen Bro.

Ben
JustBen

Postby ulgydog56 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:53 pm

crimint trase has a nice ostwb belt holster for the lcp its leather has a snap hammer strap and is hi riding...I like it..........
ulgydog56

Postby ulgydog56 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:53 pm

v
ulgydog56

PreviousNext

Return to Concealed Carry